Why You May Not Get a Reply to Your Post

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Why You May Not Get a Reply to Your Post

Postby Kay » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:12 pm

The Misdiagnosed Miscarriage was created at first to share stories of women misdiagnosed. At that time, there was nothing online to support the idea of a misdiagnosed miscarriage. Many health-related and miscarriage sites even claimed it never happened. Well, we know that is not true. Not only do we have page after page after page of stories, stories are all over the internet now.

Once we started 'collecting' stories, many women started posting and asking for advice, I knew there was a need to expand the forum. Unfortunately, over the years, lives have gotten busy and women have moved on. I try to keep up with the posts but I receive so many emails and messages that I often get behind just answering those. I don't make money off of this site. Google Ads helps pay some of the cost but this is a 'volunteer' position on my part.

I encourage women to post but, please keep in mind:

- I am unable to answer all posts. I try but sometimes illness or life can keep me away from the forum for more than the few weeks you are going through a miscarriage scare.

- Many women read this forum each day but they are going through scares of their own. Not everybody going through a difficult time is able to reach out to others during that time and that is okay.

- Please post but also please know you may not get a response. This forum is for informational purposes primarily. If you want to reach out to others, that is a huge blessing. Sometimes you'll need to reach out to another to find that support.

- Many women here get the same answer, if the gestational sac is growing week to week and hasn't yet grown beyond 25mm (and there are no serious complications), it is too soon to diagnose a miscarriage. Doesn't matter if you are five weeks or nine weeks, this stays the same!

- If you do not get a reply, take advantage of the site. Read the stories. Read posts. Read articles shared. Take a look at the blog. Ask for prayer. While women may not respond, many will pray for you. And, don't be afraid to get a second or third opinion. Stay monitored. That is important too.

My heart goes out to each and every one of you here. I remember too vividly how awful my own misdiagnosed miscarriages were. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories