UPDATED BABY FOUND.....Possible blighted ovum or dates are off. Please help!! Needing some hard truths or comfort.

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

UPDATED BABY FOUND.....Possible blighted ovum or dates are off. Please help!! Needing some hard truths or comfort.

Postby Tpeterson429 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:19 pm

First things first...mirena had been in for ten years so no periods during that time. Prior to mirena periods were completely irregular. Sometimes only 6 times a year. Fast forward, Mirena removed 12/21/16, had one period which started on 1/28/17. Took a HPT on 3/2/17 and it was negative. Took another HPT on 3/11 and it was positive. 3/20 had a vaginal ultrasound which gestational sac measured 6 weeks pregnant...not 7 weeks 2 days had I gone by my LMP. I don't know what the exact measurement was. We were only able to see a gestational sac. No yolk or fetal pole. However, dr did point to an area which "could be" the beginning of the yolk. She was immediate worried and spoke of a blighted ovum. I've been freaking out ever since. HCG at 5pm on 3/20 was 19845. HCG on 3/22 at 9am was 27000. No it didn't double but did increase in that 40 hours.

If I had a negative HPT on 3/2 there's no way I could have been 7w2d on 3/20, right? I have another ultrasound on the 5th and I'm driving myself crazy thinking of the outcome. Any encouragement or hard truths would be appreciated!!!

I've had no cramping, bleeding, or spotting.

Also, progesterone tested 3/20 and came back 9.3 so I was prescribed a nightly progesterone supplement.
Last edited by Tpeterson429 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tpeterson429
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Possible blighted ovum or dates are off. Please help!! Needing some hard truths or comfort.

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Your hCGs are rising normally. It is a myth that they need to be doubling at this stage in pregnancy. Still too early to diagnose. Watch the measurements of the gestational sac. If it is growing from week to week and not yet 25mm (and there are no complications), it is too early to diagnose. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

UPDATED....Re: Possible blighted ovum or dates are off. Please help!! Needing some hard truths or comfort.

Postby Tpeterson429 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Just wanted to say I had my viability scan this morning. Baby measured 8w2d and due 11-13. Couldn't be any happier. I asked about my HCG levels not doubling and doctor told me that I am not a textbook and I will not have textbook labs. She said don't worry about it and everything looks great.

The woman doing my ultrasound said my uterus is at an odd angle. I didn't ask any questions regarding the angle. I was too happy to care about it.
Tpeterson429
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: UPDATED.....Possible blighted ovum or dates are off. Please help!! Needing some hard truths or comfort.

Postby Kay » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Congratulations!

Your doctor should know better than to suggest a blighted ovum that early. Any woman would worry.

I am just so glad you got wonderful news. I am moving your story to the Misdiagnosed forum because your story is a common one. Had your doctor just said, "It's early, come back in a week or two," you would not have worried so.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories