Knut's Story: IVF and Diagnosed Too Soon!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Knut's Story: IVF and Diagnosed Too Soon!

Postby Knut4ever » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Last Friday, at 5w6d I went for an ultrasound (vaginal) to confirm pregnancy. I am sure of my date of conception as I conceived through IVF. They told me that it was a 4w3d pregnancy, with no embryo or vesicule to be seen. only an empty sac. Tiny sac: 1.3mm.
I came back home devastated: I am 42, this is my 3rd and last IVF. Spend the WE doing all the things you are not supposed to do when pregnant. And cried myself out.

On Tuesday, at 6w3d I went to confirm the diagnosis and see for the further steps to my ob-gyn. She told me that she was not ok with the diagnosis and that according to the us pictures I was a bit further than 4w3d. She proceeded to another vaginal us: there was an embryo, but too small, only 3,3mm. No heartbeat. She was telling me that it was definitely bad and that I was likely to loose the pregnancy, but that there was still a tiny hope. She put me on rest.

And this afternoon, at 6w5d I went back as requested and she found an heartbeat of 119 bpm. O gosh, I cried like a pussy. the embryo is now 7.8 mm. The ob-gyn says that it is still a bit late by it is catching over. I have to come back in a week but the odds are far better today than they were 2 days ago.

During those 2 days this site and all those stories helped me SO much. Thanks guys.
Knut4ever
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Knut's Story: IVF and Diagnosed Too Soon!

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Please, keep us updated! We have had many women who went through IVF and were misdiagnosed. Thank you so much for sharing!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories