Melissa_Marie's Story - Recommended D&C....Found Baby!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Melissa_Marie's Story - Recommended D&C....Found Baby!

Postby melissa_marie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:13 pm

I was misdiagnosed two weeks ago. My LMP was 4/29/16. First ultrasound was done 6/7/16 at 5w0d and we saw a gestational sac. My HCG was at 7,000. The doctor did another HCG test 48 hours later and it was 12,000. She ordered another ultrasound for 6/10/16. We then saw a gestational sac and yolk sac.
Both ultrasounds were done at the hospital, so she called me into the office 6/13/16 to discuss the results. I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum based off of the ultrasound completed at only 5w4d! I was told that my hormone levels were too high and she should have seen a baby with a heartbeat, but she didn't even see a fetal pole. She went over the "options," and encouraged me to schedule a D&C. She asked me to come back in one week with my decision. I didn't know what a blighted ovum was, so I went home and started researching. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Based off the information on this website I did not follow her orders and instead went to get a second opinion. Today I saw my baby's heartbeat and the little bean is measuring right on track at 8 weeks!
If it were not for this site I may have ended my baby's life. THANK YOU ALL! Your stories gave me hope and the support I needed when my co-workers were telling me I was crazy and obsessive. Turns out my hunch was right, I'm so glad I kept up with my diet and vitamins.
melissa_marie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Melissa_Marie's Story - Recommended D&C....Found Baby!

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Congratulations to you! You were diagnosed just too soon. So glad you sought out that second opinion. Please, keep us updated on you and your little one.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories