FrannieAnn's Story - Baby Found at Ten Weeks

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

FrannieAnn's Story - Baby Found at Ten Weeks

Postby FrannieAnn » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:49 pm

First off, I want to thank all the ladies who have worked on this site.

My husband and I have been TTC for 2+ years. My cycles are fairly regular but in January 2016 I had two periods, no period in February, a period on March 23rd, and then found I was pregnant on April 26th with a due date of December 28th.

I immediately began spotting on April 30th which has continued. Due to my spotting our midwife wanted to do an ultrasound at what I thought was 7 weeks on May 11th. We saw a faint something and continued to hope.

My 2nd ultrasound was at 8 weeks and there was nothing. Our midwife quickly and compassionately told us we had miscarried and began to describe what I should expect as I waited for the natural process.

We grieved 2 weeks while my body continued to spot, mildly bleed, and pass a few clots. Yet, I never passed our baby.

On June 4th we had my 3rd ultrasound to see how the miscarriage was going. According to my thoughts, this would have made me 10 weeks along.

I prepared myself with a little hope but mainly the practical reality that we had still lost out baby.

BUT THERE WAS AN 8 WEEK SIZED, HEART-BEATING BABY!

Both my midwife and I stared at the ultrasound. The sac had been empty two weeks prior and here she was able to point out a faint heartbeat and confirm at, in her opinion, I was carrying a healthy looking, 8 week-old baby.

Praise the LORD!

Now, I am being referred to a doctor who specializes in difficulties within pregnancy. We want to find out why I am still spotting/mildly bleeding/passing clots and if there is anything we can do.

My midwife and I can only guess that my dates were wrong and that I was actually two weeks later in conception than I thought. This is why we think we didn't see anything at my 8 week ultrasound as I would have actually been 6 weeks along. I still don't know why we saw something when I was 5 weeks but nothing at 6 weeks.

But all that matters now is that I am 8 weeks along and - am in fact - carrying a baby with a heartbeat.

I do not know if I will eventually miscarry. Part of me fears losing this little one all over again. But I will thank God for the time I do have and cross that bridge if He sends it our way.

Thank you again for giving us ladies hope. My husband and I had made a covenant with each other when I first started spotting that we would not give up on this baby until the Lord decided to take him/her. Now, after two weeks of believing that I had lost my baby, I am enjoying the excitement renewed hope brings. Our new, estimated due date is January 8th, 2017, my birthday.

http://AuthenticVirtue.com
FrannieAnn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: FrannieAnn's Story - Baby Found at Ten Weeks

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Don't be surprised if the original dating is correct. Often babies look one to two weeks behind even when they couldn't possible have been conceived at that time.

Congratulations!!! And, thank you so much for sharing your story!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: FrannieAnn's Story - Baby Found at Ten Weeks

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:55 pm

and, hope you don't mind if I share your blog post:

5 Ways to Care for Someone Enduring a Miscarriage

What a wonderful post!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories