Kiajeen14's Story - Diagnosed at Only 7 Weeks

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Kiajeen14's Story - Diagnosed at Only 7 Weeks

Postby Kiajeen14 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:25 pm

I had a really rough week. This pregnancy was unexpected and I had no idea how far along I was. My cycles are around 50 days because I am breastfeeding my 22 months toddler. I went in for an ultrasound on 5/5, was able to see the gestational sac and was told to come back in two weeks because it was too early.

So being the impatient fool I am I waited a week then decided to go to one of those private ultrasound clinics. I gave the nurse my LMP but explained the length of the cycle and that I know the date of conception was 4/14. She did the ultrasound and saw the yolk sac, did some measurements and tells me that she is afraid this is a failed pregnancy. Based on the size of the GS (16mm) and the embryo (2mm) and the fact that I was 7 weeks with such a small embryo. She recommended that I go to the ER for further examination and to schedule a D&C.

I was confused, devastated, and then angry! How could a normally progressing pregnancy be considered a failure? I of course consulted Dr Google for hours on end, comparing ultrasound images. I convinced myself that she was wrong. My measurements were within parameters, I had seen normal progression, and my hCG was doubling appropriately. She didn't seem to even consider my longer than usual cycles before handing down this diagnosis!

I decided to obviously wait until my next appointment with my OB and deal with whatever I found out then.Today I had my follow up ultrasound and I saw not only the baby, but the heartbeat. I'm 7w2d. My EDD is now January 3rd.
Kiajeen14
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Kiajeen14's Story - Diagnosed at Only 7 Weeks

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Congratulations! I hope you are able to come back and share an update :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories