Slow rising hcg, then doubled, any hope?

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Slow rising hcg, then doubled, any hope?

Postby christina20003 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:59 pm

I had a FET on 11/6 of a 5day blast. I tested positive on hpts starting at 4dp5dt. These are my betas so far:

419 - 13dp5dt (4w4d) (almost same as first beta with my son on same day past transfer, so I was hopeful initially)
1088 - 17dp5dt (5w1d) 71 hour doubling time
1293 - 19dp5dt (5w3d) 184 hour doubling time
2584 - 21dp5dt (5w5d) 48 hour doubling time

My RE doesn't want any more betas and is scheduling me for an ultrasound later in the week. I'll be 6w3d that day. Is there any hope to see healthy bean with a heartbeat? I've had no bleeding/spotting and only symptom was mild cramping off/on since a couple days after my transfer (which I had with DS). I haven't really had any more cramping since 19dp5dt and after that is when my beta finally doubled so I wonder if implantation just took a long time (which doesn't seem like a good thing either).

Anyone have similar levels that started off slow then doubled and went onto have healthy baby?

This was our last embryo from a donor egg cycle and only chance to give DS a sibling as DH doesn't want to try any more due to both emotional and financial costs and age. I'm 40, he's 52.
christina20003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Slow rising hcg, then doubled, any hope?

Postby Kay » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:02 am

We've seen many pregnancies where numbers temporarily plateaued or even dropped and they were fine. I don't know what will happen but the most important thing is, if there are no complications, to wait a week between ultrasounds and if the sac is growing each week, wait until the gestational sac measures more than 25mm. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby christina20003 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks. My first ultrasound is tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I've read too many stories online with slow betas then a heartbeats and then no heartbeat so I don't even think I can get excited if there is a heartbeat tomorrow.
christina20003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby christina20003 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:03 pm

I had my u/s today at 6w3d. It showed the baby measuring right on at 6w3d with hb of 122 bpm. When the nurse called all she said was what I already knew about HB and measurements and that it was intrauterine pregnancy. They don't want another u/s for 2 weeks. This makes me nervous because with my son (same fertility clinic/doctor) my ultrasounds were a week apart. So why make me wait 2 weeks this time unless they think the baby probably won't make it that far? I do think the gestational sac was measuring small for dates based on me watching tech take measurements(and then googling) but they didn't say anything about it. Probably reading too much into it although the nurse said to still be 'cautiously' optimistic. She's not my usual nurse and I just didn't really care for her lack of support/encouragement. How dare my usual nurse take vacation while I'm going through this torture! I was definitely relieved to see the baby in the right place and with a hb but still nervous about next u/s after all my googling and the bad stories I read. Having next u/s on 12/15. Will update after, good or bad.
christina20003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:07 am

Seeing that heartbeat is a good thing and, often when you are this early, the heartbeat is a bit slower. Hang in there. I think they are being conservative with the ultrasounds once the baby is visualized and that is a good thing. I know two weeks seem like a long time though. Praying for you and (((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby christina20003 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:46 pm

I had my 2nd u/s today at 8w1d. The baby measured 7w5d with hb of 171bpm. I think that's not too bad, but haven't heard from my doctor yet. My main concern is that the gest sac is so small, measuring 6w1d. Anyone have thoughts about that? Some sites say not to worry about sac size if baby is measuring fine, others say if sac isn't 5mm bigger than baby there's 80% chance for miscarriage. Mine is at most 4mm bigger than baby and only half the size it should be according to charts online. Will continue to update as I have more to share, good or bad.
christina20003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:20 pm

That is awesome news! Congratulations. It is so common to look one to two weeks behind during the first trimester. It really is the ultrasound equipment and not you. Any tilt and measurements are off. They look more 'normal' during the second trimester.

Congratulations! Moving you to the Misdiagnosed board.
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Re: Slow rising hcg, then doubled, any hope? HEARTBEAT FOUND!

Postby christina20003 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 pm

Thanks. I really need the positive energy. I wish I could be a positive as you. I'm really feeling pretty down despite the awesome HB and good growth. The internet is my worst enemy right now. My RE did release me to my OB but when I asked about the sac size they said it was a concern but all we can do is wait and see which is true. Seeing ob on 12/17 (my birthday, btw). I doubt I'll get a scan that day but maybe he can make me feel better about where I'm at right now.
christina20003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Slow rising hcg, then doubled, any hope? HEARTBEAT FOUND!

Postby christina20003 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:15 pm

I had my first ob appointment today and they did an u/s. Sadly there was no longer a heartbeat. This is just truly devastating after having such a strong one on Monday. This was my last chance at a 2nd baby since we're out of frozen embryos now and aren't going to do anymore cycles for various reasons. Very thankful for my son but devastated none the less.
christina20003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Oh no! My heart is just breaking for you. That is just so awful. Praying for you and huge (((Hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories