MimiLim's Story - Measured Small MISDIAGNOSED!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

MimiLim's Story - Measured Small MISDIAGNOSED!

Postby MimiLim » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:59 am

Hello, this is new to me and I feel weird. Based on my last period am supposed to be 7 weeks now. After a positive test I went to the doctor (not my regular gynecologist he is family) where he told me that its too small for the dates i was saying. No mention of no baby. That was 4th Sep. Then he said to see me in some days and told me shape was not round and my HCG was 8000. Again no mention of no baby. In the meantime I start googling what does he mean and reading about blighted ovum but he said nothing like this so I never thought of it. He also told me I have a titled uterus. I was shocked as my normal gynecologist said nothing about this. On 11Sep I went to my normal gynecologist where he said I have just placenta and sac is 11mm but no baby. Its there where I realise whats going on. He said to be pessimistic than optimistic and to let nature do all. Now I read that when having utraverted uterus shows you 2 weeks back. Dont know what to think. I have mild cramps since the beggining no blood. If today I am 7 weeks based on web calculations then is it too soon to see it? Considering that I hVe the weird uterus? And the cramps like I will have my period that I have for weeks now? No fever no severe pain so definetely will wait till end but this waiting is killing me. This past week I starting vomiting too where I had nothing. Nipples still sore and tired. I stopped the folic acid for some days but then I said I will continue just in case. Dont know what to think. Anything will help. Thank you
MimiLim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Hello...

Postby Kay » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:55 pm

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. Stay closely monitored. You might try to have your ultrasounds a week apart. You should see the gestational sac growing and, if it is growing, a blighted ovum should not be diagnosed until it is more than 25mm. Please, keep us updated and please be seen right away if there are any complications.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby MimiLim » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello Kay I am sorry I didnt reply sooner to update u guys. I went as the doctor asked me to go 3 weeks ago. He asked how am going I said same, meaning no bleeding or spotting no terrible pain. I also did on my own another quantitive test and went from 8000 to 74000. He seemed suprised. I also told him I started vomiting and again he was suprised and said well lets go and see. When he did the internal scan I saw sth and was praying that its what I think it is. After a while he looked at me and said yes and then we heart the heart. Needless to say I was crying forever. Baby showed 7 weeks but based on my last period baby should show 9 weeks. Today 3 weeks later I went again all well thank God baby measured 11 weeks and not 10 based on last times calculations so I think we are going fine. I am so happy. the stories gave me strength and I learned so many things and waited patiently. I will agree with the fact that when u have a titled uterus you need to wait more. I said it to everyone that this website was keeping me going. Thank you once again and please pray for me for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby.
MimiLim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:56 am

I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations! Really, the measurements during the first trimester don't mean much. There have even been studies done to show how inaccurate they can be.

Please, keep us updated on you and, yes, I'll be praying for you and your little one!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories