Kia's Story - Empty Sac with hCGs over 50,000 BABY FOUND!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Kia's Story - Empty Sac with hCGs over 50,000 BABY FOUND!

Postby Kay » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Kia shared her story on my blog and I wanted to share it here with you:

-------------------
Hi my name is Kia. I just wanted to give some hope to these mama's being diagnosed with blighted ovum very early in their pregnancies. I have a similar story with my first US on 5/6/15 (at 7 weeks pregnant) I was told that nothing had developed in the sack, there was no heartbeat and I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum. The OB gave me the choice of miscarry naturally or getting a D &C. They did test my hcg levels that day which came back 50,493 and progesterone at 30.8. We chose to wait it out even though the doc these numbers were a little low for 7 weeks preg. 2 days later the hcg had increased to 58,051 and doc aid this was not good as it should have increased much more according to the "so-called" doubling rate. We continued to wait and had another hcg drawn at 8 weeks preg that 89,000. Still not doubling but Def increasing. We continued to pray and Have faith that everything would be okay until our next ultrasound on 5/19/15 ( 9wks preg). We went in prepared for whatever the outcome may be, but we're extremely elated to see our baby's heartbeat pop up almost immediately on the screen. Needless to say I was Praising God on the Ultrasound table. I am 37 years old and was not necessarily planning on having another baby, but I was heartbroken when the doc told me the baby didn't develop. Now I am 24 weeks along (due 12/23/15) and so excited to be welcoming my first baby girl into the family. My boys are 9 and 10 but they are over the moon about getting a baby sister. I thank God everyday for this blessing and I thank Him for this website and Ms Kay's info here that gave me guidance and direction in my time of need. So all you mama's out there diagnosed with blighted ovum missed MC very early in your pregnancy, there is still hope. Just have faith! Keep praying and give your baby time to develop. You never know what God may be cooking up in your womb. -Prayerfully Kia B :-)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Kia's Story - Empty Sac with hCGs over 50,000 BABY FOUND!

Postby preggo&afraid » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:55 am

Congratulations. I am so happy for you and your family. I am also 37 yrs old and going through the same thing. This is my first pregnancy and the waiting has been absolute torture. I have a 3rd and final U/S on 9/15 and I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst as my pregnancy symptoms have already decreased (almost gone). Best wishes to you and your family.
preggo&afraid
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Kia's Story - Empty Sac with hCGs over 50,000 BABY FOUND!

Postby Kay » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Kia's Update:

"You and your site have been such a blessing to me. I appreciate your comittment and dedication to teaching us this valuable information. Your site had alot to do with my decision to wait and be patient in my situation. So you truly are saving lives and making a difference. I'm sure you have been hope for the hopeless in the lives of so many women and families. Just hope you know how special you are and I pray that you will be Blessed for being such a Blessing to others. Keep up the good work!! Take care!! Kia :-) #Kailyn'smommy 27 weeks now!!! Yay! :-) "
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories