If You Are Wondering if This Is Really A Miscarriage and Want to Post

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

If You Are Wondering if This Is Really A Miscarriage and Want to Post

Postby Kay » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:12 am

Hello and, first of all, let me say that if you are reading this and going through a miscarriage scare, (((hugs))). I've been through these scares with both my pregnancies and, while their are no guaranteed outcomes, my hope is that this site makes the waiting a little more bearable.

If you would like to share your own circumstances, to help us help you make sense of it all, you may want to consider a few things before posting:

- Create a brand new post. Unless you are specifically talking to the person who created that original post, you likely won't get a response and others are not very likely to see your post.

- Give the date of your LMP (last menstrual period) if you remember it

- Date you found out you were pregnant and whether it was an HPT (home pregnancy test) or at a doctor's office

- Give dates of each appointment and what you learned at each appointment. Include hCG levels if taken, ultrasound measurements along with what specifically was seen on the ultrasound (i.e. gestational sac, yolk sac, baby, heartbeat, etc...). Also, if you had your progesterone checked or are taking supplements, please mention this as well. If the gestational sac was seen, try and get the measurement each time it was seen. This is most important when diagnosing a blighted ovum.

- What is your physician recommending?

- Break this up into shorter paragraphs to make it easier for us to read.

- If you don't get a response, it is because women here are going through the same thing and don't know what to say. Spend time reading and look for stories similar to your own to see what other women have gone through as well as their outcomes. That said, keep in mind, every pregnancy is different and there are no guarantees.

- That said, take time to post to encourage somebody else going through this difficult time. You may find that reaching out helps you during this time as well.

If you present your story this way, it'll be much easier to help you figure out what you should do next.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories