SoConfused's Story-Fetal pole seen, then not seen one week later

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

SoConfused's Story-Fetal pole seen, then not seen one week later

Postby itsmesoconfused » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I have definitely been misdiagnosed. I went in at what was supposed to be 6 wks they saw the start of a fetal pole & the sac. At 7 wks went back & they told me that they saw what they thought was blood that I was definitely miscarrying. The Dr tried to pressure me into getting a d&c they mentioned medically assisted miscarriage, going naturally & d&c I refused the d&c & meds because I believe that the body will naturally "expel" (for lack of a better word). So the Dr suggested d&c 3 times I refused 3 times. They rescheduled me for another wk where I would be 8 wks. The Dr (it was another Dr I went to a local clinic) looked at my file & asked if I had any bleeding which I said no because I hadn't. So the Dr said that she wanted another ultrasound done. The tech came in the same from my previous visits she did her thing told me to get dressed. I looked over her shoulder & I saw her pull up fetal heartbeat & she typed 170. I let out a little squeal. The tech left & I hear the Dr in the hallway scream that's terrific. She walks in & tells me "so that's why you had no bleeding there's a baby in there. Did you know there was a baby in there?" I said I had a feeling. I measured at 7 wks 1 day I was 6 days behind my original lmp due date. I am very happy that the Dr made a mistake. I am happy that I didn't take the meds & that I didn't do a d&c. I wish drs weren't so quick to get someone to remove a pregnancy that just may be viable. If I had listened to that 1st Dr I would've gotten rid of the best little (biggest) part of me.
itsmesoconfused
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: SoConfused's Story-Fetal pole seen, then not seen one week later

Postby Kay » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:14 pm

I am so glad you turned down that D&C. When doctors diagnose this quickly, I have no doubt they've taken viable babies before.

Please, keep us updated on you and congratulations!!!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories