Kendra's Story - Told Miscarrying and To Stop Progesterone -MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Kendra's Story - Told Miscarrying and To Stop Progesterone -MISDIAGNOSED

Postby Kay » Sun May 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Hello Kay,

I wanted to share my story since it was this website that kept my hopes up over the past week and a half.

I had a miscarriage in may of 2009. Had my daughter in 2012 and had to be on progestrone for the first trimester. My husband and I decided to try to conceive in December of 2014.... on 4/20/15 I got my BFP. I was exactly 4 weeks past my LMP. And did blood work right away to check progestrone levels they were at 10.6 on 4/21 so I started progesterone pills. Went back a week later and my levels had dropped from 10.6 to 8.4 even with taking the medication. The doc ordered an ultrasound on 5/6 I should have been 6 weeks 3 days based on LMP. The ultrasound only showed my gestational sac and a yolk sac. My doctor stated that she is sure this is a blighted ovum and that I should stop taking the medicine that day in hopes that my body would miscarry naturally. At this point I was too upset to even think. After talking to my husband and other family I decided to call the doctor back and ask her 1 question. Is it possible I am just nit as far along as we though.... she stated it was a possibility but was unlikely sine the gestational sac seemed to be measuring with my LMP. I informed her that I do not feel like I have enough proof to just stop the meds and wanted to wait it out a week or so and do another ultrasound on 5/19 my already scheduled ob appt. That is when I found this site and knew I made the right decision.... I read the stories for over a week to keep hope. Yesterday 5/15 I starting noticing brown discharge almost like spotting. The doctor stated "well we kinda knew this was comming" and instructed me to go to the local women's hospital triage. I shoild have been 7 weeks 5 days based on my LMP.....There I had an ultrasound and saw my little MIRACLE PEANUT with a heart beat of 138 bpm!!! the baby was measuring at 7 weeks exactly which makes me 5 days behind what they thought, that is more than likely why only the yolk sac could be seen on the first ultrasound!! I started crying told the ultrasound tech the story and said, if I would have listened to my doctor I would not be seeing this right now!

We are not our of the woods yet I am on bed rest until I see the doc again.... but that's ok I saw my baby!!!!

I hope my story will give someone the courage to stand up to their doctor and make the best decision for you and your baby! Always trust your instincts Mommas! Doctors are not always right!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Kendra's Story - Told Miscarrying and To Stop Progesterone -MISDIAGNOSED

Postby Kay » Sun May 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Kendra, thank you for sharing your story. You'll give so many women hope.

A number of women over the years have been told to stop the progesterone due to a blighted ovum. Fact is, if that sac is not measuring at least 25mm and it is still growing, that progesterone may be very important. So glad you listened to your instincts.

Yay!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories