Christina's Story - 100% Certain Blighted Ovum - MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Christina's Story - 100% Certain Blighted Ovum - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby christina17 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:13 am

I was diagnosed with BO on 4/23 which was a week after I got my positive. According to my LMP, I should have been 6w 4d but I have really long irregular cycles. My doctor said the sac was empty and I 100% had a BO even though my HCG levels were totally normal. I told him about the dates and he said it was irrelevant and wouldn't order a follow up test or ultrasound. Well 2 weeks later, and 2 days ago today, I begged for an ultrasound and there was my baby with a strong heart beat, measuring 7w 4d so I was only 5w 4d the first time. You just never know with longer cycles so hang in there and stay positive!
christina17
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Possible BO but still very pregnant

Postby Kay » Sun May 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Christina, thank you for sharing your story! I'm adding your story to the Misdiagnosed forum. It'll help so many women!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories