Rachel's Story - My Ob/Gyn Almost Murdered My Son

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Rachel's Story - My Ob/Gyn Almost Murdered My Son

Postby liladybugz26 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 pm

In early 2008, after a 6 week ultrasound my physician told me there was no fetal heartbeat. They drew blood, and called to tell me my hCG levels were too low. This along with no fetal heartbeat indicated a miscarriage. They ordered a D&C for the following morning.

I told my husband the news. We were both devastated especially since I miscarried just three months before this. He demanded to have a second ultrasound prior to the D&C so he could see for himself. I also welcomed this since I still felt very pregnant.

I arrived at the hospital 2 hours prior to the scheduled D&C for a second ultrasound. Immediately, I seen a heartbeat with my own eyes, and the doctor did not. I told him to scan back to where he just was, and he was in disbelief. Sure enough, it was a heartbeat! My husband and I were both thrilled and angry and the same time. My Ob/Gyn almost murdered my son! This was the last visit to this physician whom previously delivered two of my children.

My son is now a happy, healthy and thriving 6 year old. He is bright and beautiful. I hope that my story along with the others will help to prevent more people from having their baby unwarrantedly aborted.

Rachael M Jones

Cambridge, Minnesota
liladybugz26
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: My Ob/Gyn Almost Murdered My Son

Postby MamaBee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 am

Omigosh! So lucky that the heartbeat was there. And to think that some babies don't get their hearts till much later....

Thanks for sharing.
MamaBee
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: My Ob/Gyn Almost Murdered My Son

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:14 pm

I think an ultrasound before a D&C should be standard procedure. I also think a D&C for a blighted ovum diagnosis should never occur before nine weeks if there are no complications.

Thank you so much for sharing your story!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Rachel's Story - My Ob/Gyn Almost Murdered My Son

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:44 pm

I ended up mentioning your story in today's blog post:

Another Misdiagnosed Blighted Ovum Because Of High hCG Levels and No Baby Seen (the post was about another misdiagnosed blighted ovum but I really wanted to talk about what you had shared as well)

Thank you again!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

You are so lucky ! But I'm not ?

Postby ttbanh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:06 am

Hi Rachel and all women there! I like to share my story with you. I was spotting for 2 days before I found out that I was 6w2d pregnant on 22/5/15. The blood test and 1st ultrasound done at the same day. My hcg level was good, heartbeat was 115 bpm. The 2nd ultrasound and blood test done at 7w1d on Thursday 28/05 and heartbeat was 147 bpm and hcg level was increasing. I came back to see my doctor on Friday 05/06 to have another check up because I was still have a little of spotting.I was 8w2d. I told my doctor that the spotting and cramps were reduced last few days and she told me nothing to worry about now. Baby should be fine ! . I asked for final ultrasound to make sure everything ok. I had 3rd ultrasound (internal as well) that afternoon and been told that no more heartbeat and baby was stopped growing at 8w and measured 15mmm. My doctor ordered another blood test and result was my hcg level still increasing ? Doctor said maybe my body needs time to recognize the lost of the baby ? Dr asked me to go home and wait for few days or go to emergency department when heavy bleeding start. I came back to see doctor on Tuesday 09/06 because nothing happened yet. She said that I should go to emergency department now to do d&c. I went there and they sent me home and ask me coming back to Hospital next day to organize the d&c. I came back to Hospital on Wed 10/06 and was given tablets . I asked doctor there if any chance that baby still alive without heartbeat found. Dr said no. I went home and took tablets next day on Thursday 11/06. I was devastating and in shock when I saw the remaining passed out in the toilet:about the length of my finger ??, not 15mm as described in last ultrasound ???. Is it any chance that my baby was still alive despite no heartbeat found ? If it is yes ? They are misdiagnosed my case? My little angel was murdered by misdiagnosed or neglected? They should order final ultrasound to confirm before deciding something ? So I killed my baby? I still think and cry a lot since last week. I couldn't sleep well at night . I found this website few hours after I took tablets to pass out . It is too late and I regret that I didn't ask for final ultrasound ? Is someone can explain to me and help me go through this horrible time of my life ? I'm 42 year old and depressed to have another sibling for my 11 year old daughter. She is heartbroken when I told her the bad news last week. Good luck to all pregnant women !
ttbanh
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories