7 weeks, possible blighted ovum, doubling HCG levels

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

7 weeks, possible blighted ovum, doubling HCG levels

Postby notjustthefish » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:22 pm

I am 7 weeks, 3 days, with a fetal age of 6 weeks counting from my last monthly period (1.16.2015). I got a BFP on 2.18.2015. I had a dating ultrasound at 5 weeks (2.26.2015) due to irregular cycles. Nothing could be seen except a small gestational sac, so I had my betas tested the next day. They were 2993. I had another ultrasound last week on March 6, 2015 and nothing could be seen except the sac, so I had my betas drawn the same day. A week later, they were at 9900. I went in today to have my betas checked again and meet with my OB for the first time. She said that based on only seeing the sac, they believed I was having an anembryonic pregnancy and explained my options, but said she wouldn't make a definitive diagnosis at this time. She said she believed it would be likely unless my betas were at least 15,000. After my appointment my betas came back and were 16900, so not quite doubling from Friday, but still increasing quite a bit. I have a tipped uterus and am wondering if that is causing the problems in detecting anything.

I have another ultrasound and appointment next week Wednesday. This website has given me a lot of hope and most importantly, helped me feel not so alone.
notjustthefish
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 7 weeks, possible blighted ovum, doubling HCG levels

Postby Karlitasway » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 am

Hi I hope all is well read my post and I hope you can get some hope from my story. My levels were doubling even after they Told me I only had a sac and had a anembryonic pregnancy as well. We never gave up but time was our worst enemy waiting for that next uts. You story is so comparable to mine I hope it all works out....
Karlitasway
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby notjustthefish » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:43 pm

I had my HCG tested again on Wednesday and the levels were continuing to rise and are now over 20,000. I'll post after my ultrasound Wednesday and let everyone know what happens.
notjustthefish
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Ceilani » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Definitely keep us updated. The circumstances suck, but I agree, it is nice to not feel alone.

Best wishes to you.
Ceilani
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby notjustthefish » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:43 pm

:)8

I went to the doctor today for an ultrasound and appointment. I saw a yolk sac, a baby, and a heartbeat! I hope and pray that everyone who has this possible diagnosis receives the good news I got today.
notjustthefish
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:21 pm

I am so happy for you. Not sure why they would scare you so early. Everything seemed quite normal.

Congratulations on being our newest misdiagnosed story and I hope you keep us updated throughout your pregnancy :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: 7 weeks, possible blighted ovum, doubling HCG levels MISDIAGNOSED

Postby notjustthefish » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks! To be fair to my OB, she said I was suspicious for a blighted ovum, but wouldn't diagnosis that early. I'm glad she waited!
notjustthefish
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shelleylouis » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:57 pm

hi, i am so glad you have had good news, i am currently going through the same, dr told me to expect a miscarriage i had levels drawn last week which were 82, 2 days later 224, 2 days later 2442 then 40 hours later 3772, they said progesterone has started to decrease and on the first scan they saw what they thought was a molar pregnancy then 48 hours later a sac in the womb but one that wasnt that big so they have said that i should expect to miscarry, i had a mmc in dec and devastated that this could be happening again!!
shelleylouis
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby JackiePie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:49 pm

What a great story. I just went in this Tuesday at 7.3 weeks. All we saw was a sac, nothing else. I am measuring at 5.5 weeks. My HCG is over 26000. My cycles are very regular so I don't believe my dates are off. We go back in 10 days for another ultrasound to confirm if it's a blighted ovum. Your story has given me a small glimmer of hope! B)
JackiePie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby notjustthefish » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Well, I did find a baby and a heartbeat eventually, but didn't have a happy ending this time. I went in for my 11 week OB visit yesterday and the baby had died. If I don't miscarry over the weekend I'll have a D&C Monday.
notjustthefish
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Oh no. I am so very sorry. Praying for you. (((Hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories