please help! measuring 2 weeks behind, gs only MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

please help! measuring 2 weeks behind, gs only MISDIAGNOSED

Postby jsmith24202 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi, I'm 33 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I took a hpt on dec 31 and got a positive. My lmp was nov 24. My periods have always been irregular. My regular ob refered me to a maternal fetal med dr because I have diabetes. My lmp put me at 7 weeks.
My appointment was on jan 14. Dr came in and started the us. He asked how far along I was suppose to be? I told him 7 weeks. He said you either got preggo later than you thought you did or you have miscarried. Your only measuring about 5 weeks. He said come back next week for another us to confirm either way and walked out the door.
I was stunned. I have loads of questions, I'm scared, and afraid. So I came home started looking for a new dr and info and found this site. Can you please help.
None of my drs have checked betas or anything else. I have no cramping or bleeding. My boobs hurt bad, having crazy dreams, and am an emotional wreck and really tired. Is it possible to be that far behind? Could it be from late ovulation? He didn't bother to tell me what the gs measured. That's all you could see.
Like I said I have 2 boys 16&13. Both pregnancies were normal. I go for another us on jan 20. I'm so scared of what will happen. Is it possible to be 5 weeks instead of 7?

update. Went for us today. There was the baby with a heartbeat. New dr said I'm 6 weeks instead of 8.
jsmith24202
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: please help! measuring 2 weeks behind, gs only Updated

Postby Kay » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:56 am

Congratulations! Sorry you didn't get a reply while you were going through your scare. I think you need a new doctor! So many women look one to two weeks behind. It is so common in viable pregnancies. Often, at the second trimester ultrasound, measurements seem to be a bit more accurate. Moving your story to the Misdiagnosed board.

I'm so happy for you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories