no baby in US, rising HCG, worried. MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

no baby in US, rising HCG, worried. MISDIAGNOSED

Postby Justaglitch » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello everyone!

So I recently found out I was pregnant, on the 12th of December. I haven't yet been able to see an obgyn, but I have been having mild cramping, and very mild spotting. I went in to the ER a couple of days ago being a huge worrywart, and they said that my HCG levels were at 5000. They also did an ultrasound and said it was not an ectopic (thank god) but that they could only see a yolk sac, but no fetus. This brought me to tears. I went home with papers of them saying that I was going through a possible threatend miscarriage. They asked me to go back today to check my HCG levels again, and they doubled! They are today at 13,000. I started wondering if maybe I'm very early in my pregnancy, and that's why we haven't spotted the baby? I know exactly when my boyfriend and I tried, which was the 28th of November. I just feel so helpless right now not knowing and having to play the waiting game. I was also told that I have acute cervicits, which means any little thing will cause bleeding. Just being a worried pregnant woman. Any advice helps!
Justaglitch
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: no baby in US, rising HCG, worried.

Postby Kay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:17 am

Spotting happens in many viable pregnancies. Everything looks normal so far. Generally, a week after the yolk sac is visualized, the baby will be seen if the pregnancy is viable. Just make sure the next ultrasound is done by an ultrasound tech and not a doctor (they make more mistakes with the equipment). Keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Justaglitch » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Definitely. I should be seeing someone again on Monday. Praying this time they'll see something good. Waiting is nerve wrecking.
Justaglitch
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Waiting really is the worst. I remember just thinking that at least if I miscarried, it would give me closure. While you wait, you have no closure :(
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Justaglitch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:19 am

I just read your second blog. About thinking you were miscarrying at 12 weeks. It brought me to tears and gave me so much hope! <3
Justaglitch
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 pm

How did your appointment go?
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby Justaglitch » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Amazing! We saw baby and heard her little heartbeat! I have acute cervicitis which means I have a uterus that bleeds easily, but no cause for concern at the moment! E>
Justaglitch
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:36 pm

I am so happy for you. Congratulations! Will move your story to the Misdiagnosed area. So many women go through this type of thing and you'll give them hope.

I hope you keep us updated. Updates are incredibly valuable to women as well :)

Yay!!!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories