Jackehick's Story - MISDIAGNOSED and Baby Found at 17 Weeks!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Jackehick's Story - MISDIAGNOSED and Baby Found at 17 Weeks!

Postby jackehicks » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:37 am

I wanted to share my story to possibly give someone else hope. In the beginning of this September I had my first ultrasound. It was my this pregnancy in a years time but the previous 2 ended in miscarriage. I was 8 weeks but they were unable to find a heartbeat. I was given the lines typical from my doctor. We'll try again in a few weeks as your dates may be off and the fact that my uterus was severely tilted. I demand blood work. The results said everything was fine and my beta hcg was increasing. Things were okay, until September 27th. My boyfriend and I had sex and I started bleeding afterwords. I went to the ER and they did blood work once again. This doctor told me that I miscarried and my OB should never have told me things were fine based on my previous blood work and that they expected this to happen based on my ultrasound. I was devastated. My third miscarriage in a year. I had a mental breakdown, and was hospitalized and medicated. My OB did no testing. He said I miscarried and should consider taking a break, which I agreed to. I wanted an IUD so the appointment was scheduled for three weeks after the miscarriage. When the day came I still had a positive pregnancy test. He said it was residual hormones and to come back in three more weeks. That was this past Wednesday. My test was still positive. Almost 7 weeks later he finally wanted another beta hcg. On that Wednesday my levels were at 7000. He called on Friday and said they dropped, which more than likely meant that I had a new pregnancy that aborted itself again. He wanted an emergency ultrasound done. I went straight to the hospital. I laid on the table preparing one again for the worst. To my delighted surprise, when probe hit my list stomach there was a baby. No little peanut either. It was a 17 weeks old baby! I cried like a baby. The doctor was amazed, maybe a little dumbfounded. He called my baby a miracle. He was almost positive it was a tubal pregnancy. He was wrong! I have an appointment in 2 weeks to find out the sex and start receiving proper OB care that I have been denied for the past 4 months because nobody looked into my situation. My doctor worked based on my past. He assumed I miscarried because I had before. I was misdiagnosed, and it was horrible. I am pregnant though. I'm having a baby!!
jackehicks
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Jackehick's Story - MISDIAGNOSED and Baby Found at 17 Weeks!

Postby Kay » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:24 pm

What an amazing story. Please, keep us updated!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby sharle80 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm glad that they found your baby. Congrats. I have had three miscarriages in the past three years. I am hoping that this one turns out differently. I was first diagnosed with a Blighted ovum by an ER doctor, he was so rude and unconcerned. MY HCG levels were 13458 at the time and my sac measured 6wks and 2 days. I had a gestational sac only with no baby , fetal pole or yolk sac . The Ultrasound tech said that my uterus was severely tilted, I'm hoping that this is why they cant find my baby. The ER physician was very rude and said I needed to have D/C because the pregnancy was not Viable. I scheduled an appointment with my OB and they did an Ultrasound and blood work yesterday. The Gestational sac continues to grow and now measures 8 weeks, there is still no baby or yolk sac and My HCG levels are 66499. My OB did not call it a Blighted ovum as the ER physician previously stated but said that she wanted to run more test. She stated that everything seemed normal outside of the missing baby. I am sick all of the time and I have had no bleeding or pain at all. I'm scared and confused. Why would my HCG levels continue to rise so rapidly and a baby not be visible?
sharle80
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby LibertyMom » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Wow, what a story!! Congratulations!

SO you were 8 weeks at the beginning of September, how far along were you when the ER told you you were miscarrying?
LibertyMom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories