6.6 and anxiety! MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

6.6 and anxiety! MISDIAGNOSED

Postby firsttime » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello,

This is my first pregnancy... yay! The problem is that it looks like it is going to end... Here are my stats

BFP 9/19 (very faint line)
First appointment 9/30- measured 4+6 just gestational sac (thought I was way further)
Follow up appointment 10/10- measuring 6+6 (should have only been 6+3)- yolk sac but no fetal pole at all

My doc said everything was progressing at a great rate but that there should be a fetal pole right now. My next appt is 10/24 and I have horrible anxiety waiting...

The internet basically says it is for sure a blighted ovum but this site makes me hold out hope.

One more question, how do they know I am 6+6 (that is what the tranvaginal u/s came up with) because I am very irregular and couldn't really give accurate dates.

If you could offer any advice, I would be so thankful :)
firsttime
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 6.6 and anxiety!

Postby bravesthope » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:23 pm

My fetal pole wasn't shown until I was 8 weeks fetal age. At 7 weeks fetal age there was only a yolk sac. I would still hold hope, even though waiting is misery. Best of luck!
bravesthope
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby firsttime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you! They found my baby yesterday afternoon!!!
firsttime
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Really, until the gestational sac is over 25mm this is just too early. So glad you found your little one. Adding you to our misdiagnosed stories :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories