Doctor 100% sure of blighted ovum based on ultra sound MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Doctor 100% sure of blighted ovum based on ultra sound MISDIAGNOSED

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

I had an early ultrasound because I had seen some very light spotting here and there around 4 weeks and some into the 5th week, but had stopped bleeding by the time I had the first ultrasound. I have been told I have a blighted ovum. We see the gestational sac and the yolk sac. This was seen when I was 6wks & 2days based on my LMP which was August 11th. They told me then I was either too early or I would miscarry since the sac was measuring around 5wks and they could not see a fetal pole or heartbeat. I had HCG drawn that day and again on Friday. The doctor said as long as my numbers were rising I should be fine.

Wednesday it was 18903 and Friday it was 35917. On Friday the doctor said with my levels being that high and based on my ultrasound (1st one) on Wednesday he was 99.9% sure I was going to miscarry because with levels that high...we should see something more on the ultrasound. I took another ultrasound that day even though the doc said it was pointless (he is very cold) and still only gestational sac and yolk sac. I am going to get another opinion because I went back Monday (yesterday) for what was supposed to be a follow up appointment, but he didn't even look at me. He basically just said that he was 100 percent sure I was going to miscarry and there was no need to be hopeful. I still feel pregnant...have pregnancy symptoms and nausea has gotten even stronger each day. I have not had any bleeding or spotting last week or this week. I really hope he is wrong and the new doctor office which I am gonna call today is able to see my baby! Even if he is right he has no need to be so insensitive like this baby is nothing. This is a life we are talking about here! How dare he tell me not to be hopeful.

Please keep me and my husband in your prayers. I've read some stories on here that have been kind of similar to mine and it has definitely given me hope. I am going to make sure I ask if I have a titled uterus and any other questions I can think of. I will make sure I write them down and tell them to explain further to me why they think I have a blighted ovum if they diagnose me with the same thing. The other doctor was not really good at explaining it or he just didn't care to. We mentioned this site and he looked at us like we were stupid for questioning if he could possibly be wrong! He's not God so I'm keeping the faith. If God wants me to have this baby, I will!

*UPDATE:
Everything is fine with baby. We had a 20 week ultrasound 4 weeks ago and she is PERFECT! We tell our story here via video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Pr9kBIqdk and here via blog post: http://comewagalong.com/misdiagnosed-mi ... hted-ovum/
I'm glad that so many of you are inspired by our story and it gives you hope. I wish that anyone that reads this post the best and just remember to always trust and believe in God and not man. God will get you through whatever it is that you are going through.
Last edited by MrsC2Mommy on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Doctor 100% sure of blighted ovum based on ultra sound and HCG

Postby Kay » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:47 pm

I think you really need another doctor! This is too soon to diagnose. Everything is heading the right direction and we've had women here not see their babies until their numbers were over 50,000. (((hugs))) and keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Thank you! Hopefully I can be seen by another doc this week. I will be calling another doctor in a few minutes on my lunch break.
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Keep us updated. I don't know what you'll find out but you really need a doctor who doesn't push a diagnosis too soon. (((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks! I go to a new doc office Thursday afternoon. I told them about the previous doctor I have seen and they have heard of him and said he is some kind of special...in a bad way of course!

Even if I do end up miscarrying I would like to see people that are caring not cold.
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:16 pm

I absolutely agree. I'm so glad you have that appointment. I'll be watching for your update. (((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Well, I have some AMAAAAAAAAAZING news! I went to my new doctor office today for an ultrasound and guess what!? We saw the baby! We saw the heartbeat flickering away as well!

This is how it happened. The ultrasound tech was suuuuper nice and she seemed way more professional than the one at the previous office and explained every single thing she was seeing. It was just so much more refreshing. So we get started and she gets all the boring stuff out of the way first and then she was like there's the little peanut right there and my hubby and I look at each other and I'm thinking to myself...I'm sure she just wouldn't call a yolk sac a little peanut. My sac also looked more circular than last time and the little blob on the inside looked quite bigger. My hubby was like you see the baby? The US tech was like yeah there's the heart flickering right there! I told her the last doctor said I had a blighted ovum and she was like OMG I am so sorry honey I didn't know that, but not sure as to why he would say that...here's the baby! I instantly burst out into happy tears as did my hubby! She also said it was harder to see bc it was close to the wall. I believe she said the heart rate was 128, but I was in such awe I don't remember...but I think that's what she said LOL. She said everything looks good and that the baby has a good strong heartbeat. One measurement was 6wk and 6days and the other was around 7wks so the midwife said my due date is still May 18th and everything is measuring correctly and goes along with my bloodwork. She said we aren't totally out of the woods yet until the first trimester is over, but she says she feels that I will have a normal pregnancy. I feel so HIGH after being so LOW from that evil doctor who told me I was going to 100% going to miscarry. LOOK AT GOD! The nurse was in there crying with us because she was so happy for us. I am so glad I found the blog and this message board because it really helped me be super hopeful! Thanks for creating it! God is so good! Always, always, ALWAYS, get a second opinion if you feel like your baby is still the because I definitely did. The same week they told me I had a BO my nausea increased so much...I felt sick ALL day and I even threw up a couple of times which I haven't before. My breasts had just become sore that week and I had no bleeding whatsoever for weeks. I just felt that my baby HAD to be there with the way I was feeling and I was right.

:)8

Thanks for your encouraging words and prayers. Please continue to pray for us! <3
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Well I am crying right along with you and that nurse! I am so happy for you! Oh my goodness, you don't even know. That is so awesome.

You are officially a misdiagnosed miscarriage! Keep us updated and I'm praying for you and your little one!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Re: Doctor 100% sure of blighted ovum based on ultra sound MISDIAGNOSED

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:57 am

Aw, thank you! I will definitely keep you guys updated! So far so good. My next appointment is on Halloween.
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I am now 10 weeks! I have seen the baby again on ultrasound last week and it was just a wiggling around and had a strong heartbeat. Everything seems to be going just fine. Instead of going on Halloween I went last Thursday due to some spotting, but there is no blood around baby or anything so my midwife told me not to worry about it. Some women just spot throughout pregnancy.

We announced yesterday! We were gonna wait until 13 weeks, but we just had to tell the world especially since the last doctor was 100 percent wrong! Couldn't wait any longer! Check out our announcement video and subscribe to our channel on YouTube - http://youtube.com/meetthechambers...I will be doing weekly pregnancy blogs :) I will also post a vlog about our misdiagnosis so that others that are experiencing this can have some hope! I will post the link to that when we post it. Let me know what you think about our announcement video: http://youtu.be/L2fkXOXkq4c
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Okay, I LOVE your announcement. That was so much fun!

I'm going to be blogging about this later today and I'll come back and post my link when I do. I love creativity and your story is going to give so many women hope! Definitely let me know when you start blogging about all this. I need to create a page with links to blogs such as yours.

Yay!!!

edited to add: Haven't blogged yet but added a link to your video on Bubblews :)
[img=http://www.bubblews.com/news/9181172-love-this-baby-announcement-this-little-one-is-officially-a-misdiagnosed-miscarriage-baby]Love This Baby Announcement[/img]
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Aw, thank you so much Kay!

I will definitely give you the link once it's posted. Aw, thanks for linking me on your blog! *hugs*
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MARIE7778 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 pm

I am so hoping for good news like you but I don't know that it will happen. This is my story

Right now I should be 9 weeks exactly. My first ultrasound was scheduled when I was 7 wks 3 days. At that time all they were able to find transvaginally was the g/s and yolk sac measuring at 6 wks 2 days. No fetal pole or heartbeat. Dr said my dates were wrong. I know for a fact there are not cause hubby and I were only together on time in that cycle. Anyway, I was worried so I have a friend do another transvaginal 6 days later. Still measuring 6 wks 2 days, no baby, only yolk sac. He said possibly blighten ovum. There was no growth in a weeks time. I have another ultrasound scheduled with my doc on Nov 4th. That would make me 9 weeks, 3 days. I am praying and praying that I see baby. Is it possible to b a week or more behind and not have any growth of the sac in a weeks time? I'm so worried. I am 36 years old and have an 8 year old through a previous relationship. My husband has no children.
MARIE7778
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Marie. Hopefully you can have good news like I did. I will keep you in my prayers.

Here's my first pregnancy update video! Let me know what you guys think.
http://youtu.be/SLchVWpkAiw
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby healthyme » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Dear Mrs2c, I am so inspired by your story. I'm going through the same thing right now. I am also so greateful I found this site. My story is very similar to yours. My RN told me to stop taking my progesterone and let the miscarry begin. She is cold and doesn't seem to give me many answers. I'm going for a second opinion and seeing a real Dr. And I'm NOT going to stop taking progesterone. I will let nature and as you said God be the decision maker. I started to cry when I saw your second update.
healthyme
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 am

Hi healthyme!

Aw, I'm glad that you were inspired by my story. This site is wonderful and definitely gives you more hope. I pray that everything worked out for you! The journey of pregnancy can definitely be a scary one that's for sure. Just keep praying. God will be there with you through it all.
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby healthyme » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Thank you. Well I ended up miscarrying. I am still goint through my loss it has been 2 weeks. I'm still in schock and disbelief.
healthyme
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Oh my healthyme...I am so sorry to hear the news :( I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I'm sorry that you have to go through this :(
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories