Mamitica24's Story - Only Yolk Seen, Told Blighted Ovum

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Mamitica24's Story - Only Yolk Seen, Told Blighted Ovum

Postby Kay » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Mamitica24 posted on another thread to offer comfort. Taking the liberty of sharing her story here. Thank you Mamitica24!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there!

I was in the same boat as you i webt for my us on the 24 & they only saw a yolk sac but no fetal pole doctor told me i had a blighted ovum and to do a D&C i refused my hormone levels were 20340 on the 27th i went to the ER bacause the waiting was killing me & i wanted to know my levels, i was 32,000 so it didnt really double and it worried me a few hours after i was discharged the doctor called me to come do another US i was already expecting the worse since i had 3 other us that showed nothing,..so i get ready and go as soon as the tech put that thing on my belly i saw something flickering & i asked her if that was the baby she said it looks like the heartbeat but will have to do a vaginal us to make sure.. Guess what?!? There it is my baby after 3 weeks & 4 us later she/he appeared lol i have to go back to the doctor who told me it was a blighted ovum on 02/10 i'll cuss her off they made me worry for nothing! This site save me i never thought i'd come here with one of those stories.. Since i had a miscarriage 3 months ago this pregnancy was sent from heaven. Good luck, wait and have faith thats all you can do.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Mamitica24's Story - Only Yolk Seen, Told Blighted Ovum

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Amazing story! I am pretty much in the same boat. I have been told I have a blighted ovum. We see the gestational sac and the yolk sac. This was seen when I was 6wks & 2days based on my LMP which was August 11th. They told me then I was either too early or I would miscarry since the sac was measuring around 5wks and they could not see a fetal pole or heartbeat. I had HCG drawn that day and again on Friday. Wednesday it was 18903 and Friday it was 35917. The doctor said with my levels being that high and based on my ultrasound (1st one) on Wednesday he was 99.9% sure I was going to miscarry because with levels that high...we should see something more on the ultrasound. I took another ultrasound that day and still only gestational sac and yolk sac. I am going to get another opinion because I went back Monday (yesterday) for what was supposed to be a follow up appointment, but he didn't even look at me. He basically just said that he was 100 percent sure I was going to miscarry and there was no need to be hopeful. I still feel pregnant...have pregnancy symptoms and nausea has gotten even stronger each day. I have not had any bleeding or spotting last week or this week. I did have some brown spotting and pinkish spotting around 4 weeks, but nothing more. I really hope he is wrong and the new doctor office which I am gonna call today is able to see my baby!
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mamitica24 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Don't lose faith, I thought that everything was lost and came here I found hope I knew the dr put me 4 days ahead because I had an us at 4w & 5w & 5w 4d so i knew my dates when she told e i had a blighted ovum it crushed me but i decided to remain calm and trust God,,3 days after she said that another doctor found the baby..don't worry too much and look for s second opinion. Wish you good luck.
Mamitica24
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsC2Mommy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:59 am

Aw, thank you so much. I'm going to a new office and see a new doctor today. Please keep me in your prayers.
MrsC2Mommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories