Beth's Story - Not So Blighted Twins - MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Beth's Story - Not So Blighted Twins - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:46 am

Beth shared her story on my Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories page:

------------------------------
I wanted to let you know that I am expecting twin not-so-blighted ovums. Feel free to add my story to your website! I went to the doctor on a Friday afternoon at 6 weeks, 2 days. The doctor was able to locate 2 sacs, but both were empty. She told me that unless my dates were wrong, this was not a viable pregnancy. She sent me to the hospital for HCG quantitative bloodwork. My first number the day of my scan was 34,700. Two days later, it was 58,000. The doctor called me up and told me that at a level of 34,700, there should have been babies and heartbeats in the sacs, and that I almost certainly had a blighted ovum. We decided to repeat the ultrasound to be sure. On Wednesday afternoon (exactly 5 days after my first scan), I went to my appointment having spent the last several days grieving the loss of my babies. As the ultrasound tech got to work, I waited for the confirmation that there were still no babies in the sacs. Suddenly, the sacs were in view, and I practically jumped off the table when clear as day there were TWO babies and TWO flickering heartbeats! Everyone's jaws were on the floor. My husband and I were in tears. We thought all hope was lost. You just never know!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Beth's Story - Not So Blighted Twins - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:49 am

So happy for you and you really made me smile! Twins! Yes, I have had a number of women tell me over the years that their twins were misdiagnosed as well. Some just show later (up to nine weeks or so) and with the higher hCG levels, some doctors are much too quick to diagnose. So glad you didn't end your pregnancy!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Beth's Story - Not So Blighted Twins - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby TillTheCasketDrops » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 pm

This made me cry! So happy for you and hoping I have good news like this
TillTheCasketDrops
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories