Fetal Pole Disappeared at 7wks - MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Fetal Pole Disappeared at 7wks - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby nehal » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:58 am

Just want to share my good news will all other ladies going thru the same trauma..

I had a missed abortion 4 months back.. had d&c done

Got pregnant again..

at 6th week, i had a fetal pole of 2mm with no heart beat..

at 7th week fetal pole had also disappeared.. dr simply wrote "missed abortion" in my report n left me with zero hopes

I was left with no hopes... Just came across this amazing site.. read many stories and got filled with hopes again!!

I simply denied to go for d&c and decided to wait for another 10 days.

Now after 10 days, What i saw was simply incredible!! i saw my baby measuring 1.5 cm with perfectly fine heart beat!!!

I literally was in tears ..cant express my happiness in words..

Firstly Really want to thank God for his mercy..

& secondly BIG THANKS to this site..

You have saved my baby.. u must be getting many blessings from everyone and fro God

I am now 8w 3D pregnant :-)

(all my ultrasounds were vaginal.. no tilted uterus)
nehal

-----------------Original Post---------------
I had an u/s at 6 weeks as per my LMP. there was a 2 mm fetal pole & both the sac.
after 4 days, i had brown spotting, went for u/s again, this time they said no fetal pole seen & obviously no heartbeat.

I already had gone thru missed abortion 4 months back.. had d&c done.

I am gonna have a u/s again at the completion of 8th week, if they dont see fetal pole , i ll have to go for d&c.

My Q is - if fetal pole is seen with no heart beat should i wait more?

if no fetal pole is seen by then, any ray of hope still left?

i am so hurt.. going thru big trauma.. pls help
Last edited by nehal on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nehal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: No fetal pole & heart beat at week 7

Postby Kay » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 pm

I am so sorry. I tend to be a believer that D&Cs shouldn't happen before nine weeks unless there is an immediate need. At only eight weeks nothing was visible in my gestational sac and that has happened to a number of women here. Many doctors encourage natural miscarriages before nine or ten weeks just because of the risks associated with D&Cs. They have their place but more women are emailing me about Ashermans Syndrome. Please, keep us updated. (((Hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: No fetal pole & heart beat at week 7:UPDATE

Postby nehal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:27 am

Thanks Kay for ur kind concern...

Just want to share my good news will all other ladies going thru the same trauma..

at 6th week, i had a fetal pole of 2mm with no heart beat..

at 7th week fetal pole had also disappeared..

I was left with no hopes... Just came across this amazing site.. read many stories and got filled with hopes again!!

I simply denied to go for d&c and decided to wait for another 10 days.

Now after 10 days, What i saw was simply incredible!! i saw my baby measuring 1.5 cm with perfectly fine heart beat!!! E> :)8

I literally was in tears ..cant express my happiness in words..

Firstly Really want to thank God for his mercy..

& secondly BIG THANKS to this site..

You have saved my baby.. u must be getting many blessings from everyone and fro God

I am now 8w 3D pregnant :-)
nehal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: UPDATE:No fetal pole & heart beat at week 7

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:23 pm

That is the BEST news! Thank you so much for updating. I am just so excited for you! You are officially one of our Misdiagnosed Moms. I do hope you keep us updated on how the pregnancy goes. I guarantee many women will be reading your story.

Yay!!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Fetal Pole Disappeared at 7wks - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby knovak12 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 pm

This story has really given me hope, thank you so much for sharing!
At 6 weeks I had transvagional US and saw fetal pole with no heartbeat, then week 7 no baby just yolc sac. I am so saddend and went to another doctor that got a different measurment of 5weeks (WHAT) He said this looks healthy but want me to take BETA test today and then again Sat to see if my level double (praying they do). I hope for the best, but really scared. I have spent way to long letting this consume my life, but its so hard for it not too.
knovak12
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Fetal Pole Disappeared at 7wks - MISDIAGNOSED

Postby belac » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 am

I cannot even begin to describe how much hope your story is giving me right now. I have searched all over the internet to try and find a story similar to mine and finally here you are. I am pregnant for the fourth time. I have two beautiful sons aged 1 and 3. My first pregnancy sadly ended with ectopic and my left fallopian tube was removed. As a result I get monitored with each pregnancy since, in the first few weeks to rule out this happening again. With this pregnancy I was first scanned at 4 weeks, but the scan was to early to show anything. My HCG measured 399 and my progesterone was 186. I had a second scan a week later and the gestational sac was seen, but empty. 1 week later at a third scan the sac was still empty and I was warned it may be a missed miscarriage. 5 days later at 6 weeks and 1 day, I had a fourth scan the gestational sac measured 18mm the yolk sac and fetal pole were seen, but too early to see the heart beat. I had a 5th scan at 7 weeks and 1 day and this showed that my gestational sac measured 20mm I was diagnosed with a delayed miscarriage as the previously seen fetal pole and yolk sac could no longer be seen. 2 days later I went for a second opinion at a different hospital. They saw a gestational sac measuring 25mm which was empty and have also diagnosed me with a missed miscarriage. Today I am 8 weeks and 4 days with absolutely no signs of bleeding or pain. I may sound mad, but I have this deep sense that everything will work out successfully in the end. I am praying to god everyday and reading these stories is getting me through and making me feel I may not be completely bonkers. I have refused surgery and chosen to go naturally for peace of mind and my furture fertility. I have a re-scan at 9 weeks 4 days at one hospital and another at 10 weeks and one day at another. I guess by then I will know for sure then, but pray I will see a heart beat then just like you did. I am slightly irritated with both hospitals and they seem to be measuring me according to a 28 day cycle and putting my dates ahead of what they should me in diagnosing me when infact I have had a healthy regular 32 day cycle for years. (Another note is that apparently I ovulated from both sides with this pregnancy as I have a corpus luteum on my left and right ovary). I just want to thank you so much for putting your story here for someone like me to read! it has helped so much. Our stories practically match to the dates, but of course I still have to wait and see if the fetal pole will re-appear
belac
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories