CWalker's Story - Slow Rising hCGs. D&C Refused. BABY FOUND!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

CWalker's Story - Slow Rising hCGs. D&C Refused. BABY FOUND!

Postby CWalker22 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:45 am

On 2/28 I had a BFP, I knew my period was supposed to come sometime around then but wasn't sure of the exact date. I called the doctor immediately BC I wanted to make sure everything was on track due to me having a stillbirth in October of last year. The doctor saw me on 3/6 and I made the mistake of telling them I had been having some spotting. They stopped all the new mommy stuff and ordered me to get a HCG draw and a sonogram immediately. That was a Friday. Monday 3/10 I came back for the same thing. I was starting to get nervous BC I still was spotting (only in the bathroom) and I wasn't getting any reassurance from the doctor. They called me back in on 3/13 and wanted me to do another blood test by my HCG wasn't doubling. The first was 1505 the second was 2816. On 3/14 I was called to come in immediately and my fears confirmed, the doctor thought I was having a miscarriage. My HCG was only up to 3878 since the last visit and my sac looked abnormal to the doctor. She told me my two options were to wait or help my body speed up the miscarriage by taking pills or getting a D&C. She was making the procedure seem like it was so easy, although that is far from how I felt. I refused and told her I wanted to wait. She told me I could get another ultrasound today (3/19) but after that I needed to make a decision on how I wanted to miscarry. I went in this morning and on the ultrasound they saw my baby with a strong heartbeat of 149! She said I looked about 6 weeks and 5 days and also said that's never happened to her before! I told her I have already found another doctor and thanked her for her services. I'm glad I chose to wait BC my healthy baby with a heartbeat would be gone!
CWalker22
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: CWalker's Story - Slow Rising hCGs. D&C Refused. BABY

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:32 pm

I am so glad you refused to end your pregnancy. It is just so routine for some doctors. Probably the reason that 'had never happened to her before' was because she is so quick to end pregnancies. Wonder how many were viable! Please, keep us updated! Congratulations!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Bunkyz1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:33 pm

I am glad you refused too. I was just told yesterday that I should consider taking some medication that would speed up what the doctors think is most likely going to be a miscarriage. If it is going to happen then it will, but their reasoning of HCG not rising as much as they would like it to is not a definite to me. They said we could take the wait and see approach since I refused....so now here I sit waiting.
Bunkyz1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi Bunkyz1. Could you share a little more about what Is going on with you? Do you know what your hCG levels have been? Do you know when you conceived? Maybe we can help you figure out what is happening. (((Hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories