Es's Story - Misdiagnosed in ER and put off D&C

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Es's Story - Misdiagnosed in ER and put off D&C

Postby Kay » Sun May 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Es's Story:

"I went to hospital at 8 weeks due to some spotting. Due to my severely tilted uterus, the ultrasound technician could not find a fetal pole or heartbeat. He ordered me to go get a clean up of the womb. I was devastated as we had been hoping for a baby. I found this site later that day and decided to wait 2 more weeks before I did. They assured me the baby would self-eject within that time frame and asked me to go back to hospital immediately should I start bleeding or anything. After two weeks, i had still bled out so i went back for another scan and lo and behold, there was the baby with a very strong heart. The technician was shocked and apologized for having been so brash with me before. I am now 14 weeks in and the baby is growing daily. So to whoever needs hope out there, yes, even 8 weeks might be too soon if you have a tilted uterus."
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Es's Story - Misdiagnosed in ER and put off D&C

Postby KSEmily » Wed May 09, 2012 8:34 am

Congratulations! So encouraging!
KSEmily
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Nanalebelle » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:21 am

I felt the power and strength from you. I found this web site so relieve and helping all the woman out there. I felt a massage from god "Don't give up". I'm currently 10weeks 5days due in 7thjan. My first ultrasound at 7weeks 4days with a HB 144.. Last tue had spotting n small cramp and went to get another u/s done on wed. The baby was measure 8weeks and the HB had stop she also mention that my ulterus had tilt backward. She told me that baby stop beating 1week ago. I felt devasted n lost I was told to choose the option by doing d&c or medication to pass it out. I felt so pain n decide to do D&c the next day but I did not turn up for the appt! I decide to go for my blood work n second opinion and a better doc. Im keeping myself positive and waiting for my result on mon. Jus a gentle reminded I'm still gg strong n not in pain or bleeding no miscarriage symptom at all.. God bless me! If this is a truly miracle I'm gonna share with everyone my story here. Love care n share
Nanalebelle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nicole12joy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:31 pm

amen! needed this i just returned from my appointment and my dr could not find a sak or fetal pole however he wasnt harsh he ytold me to wait 2 weeks, praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nicole12joy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ams11786 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:52 pm

I am in your same position at this very moment. I was told at the ER last night that I was most likely miscarrying. According to my last period(which my periods have not normal since I got them back about 7 months ago, when my youngest turned 11 months old), I should be about 12 weeks. The ultrasound at the ER last night showed I was only measuring 7 weeks, and that I have a tilted uterus. I am holding out hope that the slight spotting (but I have had NO cramps) ends and that this baby is truly still alive. Thank you for that hope that the ER was just horribly wrong. I go to my regular DR in 2 days. I am praying for another ultrasound and a change in my condition.
ams11786
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kerwin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 am

Getting in style indicates you can have the top stuffs that could permit you to be keep in vogue and look after your sense connected with individuality. Collecting stuff that you are enslaved by is a great negative pattern. If that is what tends to make you delighted abercrombie and fitch, why halt oneself from accomplishing this? You possibly can decide to buy some options on the factors you appreciate. Ladies, a single example is, adore acquiring and getting in style with absolutely new bags. The beneath wholesale replica custom produced handbags are created for gals who appreciate spending the revenue with handbags. But these consist of affordable buys and offers several varieties from which to decide on. It could possibly make you glimpse fashionable devoid of spending also substantially revenue. Regardless of in case your collections are developed from replicas delivering you’re able to make use of them and also the selection of choose to guide. Besides, people today will almost certainly hardly be conscious of this. Offering you can actually take abercrombie hoodies n vogue, they frequently are generally outstanding to acquire. In addition to all of your style handbags may be the ideal style bracelets.
http://www.ukabercrombie-fitch.co.uk/mens-abercrombie
Never frown, even when you are sad, abercrombie and fitchbecause you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
kerwin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MelissaS » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:09 am

I too have a tilted uterus and today I was told at 7.5 weeks that they do not see enough development and with the light bleeding and cramping I have been experiencing that I am most likely going to miscarry. I have another appointment in two days (Monday) to check my hormone levels and do another ultrasound. I had gone ahead and scheduled the DC procedure for Tuesday at their recommendation without really thinking as I was still in shock over my ultrasound results. After doing research pretty much the entire day and finding this site I am now going to hold off and see what plays out naturally. I am fully aware that my chances could be slim, but feel this will give me some peace of mind. It wasnt until seeing your post that I connected my tilted uterus to possibly preventing my dr. from seeing anything ... so thank you for that hope!
MelissaS
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

possibly miscarrying? Help.

Postby littlerunner09 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 pm

So I found out I was pregnant on Dec 1. On Dec. 8, one week later, I started bleeding. I went to the ER and the doctor told me my cervix is still closed which is a good sign, he then took my hcg levels. They were only 26! Barely Pregnant! I was around 5 weeks and 5 days then. He told me that I'm most likely going to miscarry with levels that low and the bleeding. He prescribed me some Tylenol with Codeine for when I get the cramps, but I haven't had any yet. He also checked my uterus and asked if it was tender or hurting and I said no and he said oh, you're probably not that far along for it to hurt yet. The bleeding was bad saturday but since then has gotten better but still definately not spotting yet. I had to get my levels rechecked yesterday and I haven't heard anything back yet. I haven't had any cramping or anything. Just bleeding and low hcg level. I don't have a doctor appointment until Monday the 17th. Please Pray for me and my baby. :sos :H :O
littlerunner09
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby xsnowflakex » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm

I am going through the same thing at the moment. My LMP was 23/11/12 and I am currently according to my LMP 8+1.
My first early scan was 6+5 and thr baby was only measuring 2.2mm and there was no heartbeat. I was told to expect the worst and that I was having a silent miscarriage. The sonographer who happened to be my fertility consultant told me I should return in a week to see if any there was any growth so they had something to compare the firat scan to.
I went back for the second scan on 7+6 and the baby had only grown to 3.3mm (increase by 1.1mm). The consultant was very negative and told me that the baby was not growing and I should prepare to have a D&C. I confirmed that I did not want a D&C and that i wanted a third scan 10-14 days later. My next scan is due to be booked in for 9+3 and I am hoping and praying that we have a miracle.

Has anyone asked for a second opinion. Both ultrasounds were internal and it was done on the same machine. Is there a possibility the machine is wrong. Shall I get a different scan at a different hospital with a different machine and different DR.

It is good to see that someone has had some sort of miracle and its certainly given me and my hubby some hope.
xsnowflakex
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby josamarie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 am

I'm trying not to let myself hope, but stories like this are so encouraging. I was scheduled for a d&c 3 hours ago, just 3 days after my 9 week ultrasound revealed no heartbeat (it was my first ultrasound). My doctors have ignored my protests from day one that I am not that far along, refusing to acknowledge that it was impossible for me to get pregnant when they have decided I did (I don't have a medical degree, but even I know it is impossible to get pregnant without having sex), and are refusing to entertain the idea that the scan might have been off. I cancelled my surgery and am demanding another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. I don't want to have hope just to break my heart again if the baby is gone, but I have to know or I will be eaten by guilt for the rest of my life.
josamarie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories