The Misdiagnosed and Actual Miscarriage Stories Forums

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

The Misdiagnosed and Actual Miscarriage Stories Forums

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:10 am

Because so many women come to this site to read the misdiagnosed and actual miscarriage stories forums, we need to put some restrictions on those particular forums.

If you have been misdiagnosed and know that you have a misdiagnosed miscarriage, please share your story in the 'Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories' forum.

If you have had an actual miscarriage already and want to help other women by sharing your story, please share your story in the 'Miscarriage Stories' forum.

Replies on those posts are always welcome but we ask that you ask any new questions or make any other posts in the appropriate forums.

If you notice a post needs to be moved out of the forum, please give the moderators a few days to take notice and move it. If the post has still not been moved, please feel free to send a message to one of the moderators and when she is able, she will remove the post.

Thank you
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: The Misdiagnosed and Actual Miscarriage Stories Forums

Postby Aliki » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Tonight I felt I had to visit the site once more, I am a mother of two, who suffered a miscarriage Aug 2011, this site gave me the much needed support in the darkest hours of my life. Thank you misdiagnosed miscarriage, you are a truly wonderful gathering of people. Tomorrow is my miscarried baby's due date and I can't help but soak my pillow in loving tears for a life so special to me. I long for the day we will meet mommy's baby!
Aliki
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maybeababy81 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 am

Aliki Im so sorry for what you going through my thoughts and prayers are whit you I'm so sorry for you lost.
maybeababy81
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sfe_asante » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi i just wanted to share my story as i came on here a few weeks a go looking for some hope! and i was given some sence of ease through reading all ur stories! :)
On mon 12th nov 2012 i went to my local A&E dep with lower abdom pains, i was told i could possibal be having an eptopic preg, after a internal scan i was reasured everything was in correct place and baby had HB and was 6weeks old X However my scan results showed signs of hemorage next to gastretion sac (i had a blood clot attached to my womb lining) the docs told me this is the cause of pain, go home rest, no heavy lifting which is difficult with two childern, work and a home to run. So as docs ordered i rested and my partner was a rock. At home my pain slowley reduced, but on the sat 17th nov i expericend a small bleed (bright red in colour) i went back to hospital and they said it was either my blood clot come away or beg of miscarry and i was booked in to come back on mon 19th nov.
I had no more bleeding so went along to hospital on mon 19th (gyny dep) where they scaned me interanly again. The results were not good :-( doc told my there was NO PREG AT ALL, JUST AN EMPTY WOMB!, doc re- booked me for another scan 9 days later due to the fact i had not had full bleed and was still testing postive for pregancy, so doc wanted to be sure no remains were left inside! , doc told me my womb was empty 0 GASTRASTION SEEN . i was very upset and had to tell my family i had miscarried :(O .
9 days later on the 28th nov i attended hospital for booked scan as i was still testing postive that morning, upon having another internal scan my baby reappered! with a heart beat 8weeks plus 1 x and no sign of blood clot. they dignosed my as having a tilted womb and sorry for there mistake :l . so there really is hope E>
sfe_asante
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Severe HCG drop and bleeding, she's 6 weeks old now! :)

Postby betherin214 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 pm

So, I found out before my missed period I was pregnant. :)O< I just had this "feeling" that I was. went to the dr to verify the pregnancy, the urine test showed negative. My doctor ordered a blood test, my hcg came back at 18. As a routine thing I am typically monitored due to previous miscarriages and other issues so 2 days later they did another hcg draw. My number came back at 578. Of course we were ecstatic that my numbers looked great! So my primary care helped get me set up with an ob-gyn who would see me at 8 weeks. (My previous OB left town) 4 days later They ordered another beta level test. My hcg level came back at 532 :( When they called to tell me that, I was completely devastated. I just started crying. I was told it was probably not a viable pregnancy. They followed up 2 days later with yet another beta and they had dropped further to 467. I was told to wait for a miscarriage and they would do an ultrasound and follow up beta in four days to make sure I was passing everything well. I waited from a thursday to a Monday. I waited for the bleeding to start, for this to be over with. :*( I got so angry that it wasn't happening and that I still felt queasy and other pregnancy symptoms, if it was inevitable, just get it over with please. That was my thought. Well they drew my blood that day then did the ultrasound to make sure everything had passed and I didn't need a d&c. I was 6 weeks 1 day that day. There was our little baby on the screen with a strong heartbeat. I couldn't believe it. I was still afraid to get my hopes up that all would be ok. That afternoon they called with my beta numbers and they had gone up into the 2700 range! WHAT?! How can that happen? right? We never figured out why, of course. My doctor truly thinks it was a twin we lost because about 2 days after that last beta and ultrasound I started bleeding, some clots and everything. That scared me to death as well but they checked her every week on ultrasound until the bleeding stopped.
It was a rough pregnancy(sever cholestasis and PIH) but I'll take it to have her with us today E>
8)O She was born 3 weeks 3 days early on October 16th, 2012 at 1:42 am. Even being that early she was a big healthy girl at 8 pounds 10.5 ounces and 21" long with a near perfect APGAR of 9 out of 10! :)8

I hope my story can give someone some hope and maybe someone going through a terrible miscarriage scare will have the same turnaround I did. :H E>

T:) -Beth
betherin214
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories