spotting, empty sac & MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Re: spotting, empty sac & misdiagnosed

Postby amymoe » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:45 pm

I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for you,good luck and im pretty sure you will see something! E>
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tissy125 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Amymoe,
Well, I just had my ultrasound, and it's still an empty sac, and it has started to shrink. I'm now measuring 9w4d, and last Wednesday it was measuring 10w4d. So I think that is my confirmation that it's not going to work out this time. We will definitely try again in a few months though, so I will be ok. Thank you for all the support, it has meant a lot to me and has had helped me through my toughest moments :-)
tissy125
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rcm2034 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello, I live in Los Angeles, Ca and I would like to tell my story. We have been trying for 5 years and finally got pregnant with the help of the IVF and Egg Donor, without any positive results and now I don't want to loose hope or give up despite the Dr. is saying there is none. On July 28, 2011, I had 3 embryos transferred or blastocysts. On August 8, I received my FIRST POSITIVE! With HCG level of 83, from there I started my nightmare, so far I've had 6 HCG labs, every 2 or 3 days: My HCG levels were: 83-103-333-1308-1865-and 2148. HCG didn’t double all the time but has continued to rise slowly. On August 23, I had my first vaginal ultrasound and the doctor saw a very tiny empty sac, that day the doctor said that the sac was very small (only 6 mm) and with six weeks I can not had a viable pregnancy. Four days later on Sunday 28, exactly one month since my embryos was transferred I had another ultrasound where the doctor after trying to find the sac, showed the same empty sac it showed last Tuesday, he said that it is a very small sac and I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum, he told me my sac was measuring shorter than it should have been for 7 weeks pregnant, and that the fetus never made it, and assured me to schedule a D&C ASAP and that I must suspend the medicines (progesterone and Vivelle-estradiol patches) I almost begged him to leave me a little longer with the medicines because If I suspend the medicines, this will cause a imminent bleeding. The doc is putting me at 7 weeks. According to the date I had my embryos transfer I should be about 4 weeks. My question is why my doctor says that I have 7 weeks pregnant, if I just turned on Sunday 28, one month since they put the embryos in my body? I ask him and he just answered that is the protocol?? What should I do: to continue with my meds and wait longer or not? I have some symptoms of pregnancy but my doctor says are caused by the medications I'm using. Please help me, what I need to do?
rcm2034
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby babymomma » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi RCM2034, Im sorry to hear what you're going thru. I know the feeling all too well. I'm not a doctor & can't tell you what you should do, but in my experience it was a good thing I didn't listen to my doctor. He basically gave me no hope for a viable pregnancy & also urged me to get a D&C. Your doctor cannot make you do it if you don't want to. Also, I don't understand how he got 7 weeks? If you're 4 weeks then it's really too early. Remember, my baby wasn't seen til 13 weeks, only An empty sac until then. Hoping the best outcome for you! Please keep me posted. If you have anymore questions email me: k_talamayan@yahoo.com
Xoxo
babymomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: spotting, empty sac & MISDIAGNOSED

Postby JEWells » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:51 am

Thank you so much for this post! I went in for my 6 week ultrasound and they saw an empty sac. I came back at 7 weeks and they saw the empty sac but it was larger. They did not check my hcg because they said "they are not as reliable as the ultrasound." I was encouraged to do a DNC or take some sort of pill. I refused both. I am standing on God's promises. They said I am welcome to come in for an ultrasound or a dnc whenever I feel I need to, but I am seriously considering following your lead and waiting until 12-13 weeks. I am 8 weeks now. I am no longer doing the progesterone suppositories (since 7 weeks) I have had no bleeding or cramping.
JEWells
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories