Blighted ovum diagnosed false,amazing outcome!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Re: Blighted ovum diagnosed false,amazing outcome!

Postby amymoe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! I certainly hope something shows!! If not just be patient.Its easy for me to say because Im not going through your situation right now,but when I was....I was completely lost..I didnt know who to ask questions or turn to.Honey,I cried for days,I couldnt accept I lost a baby,I kept to myself and didnt want to talk about it.I didnt tell anyone bout what was going on,I felt ashamed to tell people, I kept tryin to think everything in life happens for a reason...and god is the only one that knows whats going on.I seriously hope the best for you!! I just strongly think women are misdiagnosed alot more often than we know.No im not living in fairy tale land,I know a lot of pregnancys end early,and im sure god needed more angels and there are reasons for it,but it sure causes a lot of heartache.Im just rooting for the best, and a little hard headed because I dont except a loss untill you truly know its over! Please keep me posted! what time is your appointment tomorrow?? Im on California time..
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hopelesshopeful » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 pm

You have given me so much hope. Thank you for sharing this. :)8
hopelesshopeful
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby etrnty4195 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 am

My appt is at 1145 connecticut time.
etrnty4195
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:58 am

Dear hopelesshopefull...you are so welcome,Im glad my post gave you some sort of comfort E> Thankyou
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby etrnty4195 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:24 pm

"UPDATE"
i went back for my second hcg level testing it went from 18900 to 23000. its a slow rise but still a rise so idk. they still feel its a miscarriage because with the blighted ovum u could still produce levels of hcg so i dont know what to think. but i have another ultrasound on the 23rd. will update again.
etrnty4195
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Savannah » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:06 pm

I went to my new doc, they did another ultrasound...still no heartbeat :*( . They did say it just maybe to early since I have an irregular cycle. Which gives me some type of hope. The only thing I can do is continue to pray.
Savannah
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear savannah,just dont lose hope.So do they see a fetus now? Good luck honey,I will keep you in my prayers :H
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxwellmar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Amymoe,

I had a few ultrasounds since my last post. My HCG levels were rising; they doubled in a four day period, going from 22,000 on Friday, to 27,000 on Monday. A few days later on Thursday, August 11, 2011, I think they went up to 28,000, and that was the very last time they were read. At that point, I was 6 weeks 3 days, or something close to that. Still, there was nothing to be seen in the sac. The doctor, of course, didn't think the pregnancy was viable and discussed options. I let each doctor know that I would not be inducing a miscarriage; if I was to miscarry, I would do so naturally. At that same appointment, the doctor said that at this stage in the pregnancy, the HCG numbers level out, so there was no point in doing any more blood work. He scheduled me for another ultra sound the following week on Wednesday, August 17th. At this appointment, he indicated the gestational sac hadn't grown in size. He discussed options again. Again I told him I would be doing things naturally. Not sure if he remembered that we had this conversation a week earlier. As we were concluding the conversation, he indicating seeing only a yolk sac at this stage was not good. He really didn't even give it any credence, kinda like it didn't matter. I don't really even think he took a good look at it. WHOA! This was the FIRST time I heard a doctor say I had a yolk sac! All preceding ultrasounds indicated an empty sac! I told him this was the first time a yolk sac was seen. He said he didn't want to give me false hope as there are no, "slow starters/growers." Clearly, he has not been to this website! I have no appointments this week, thankfully. My next ultrasound is for next week, I believe on Wednesday, August 24th. Waiting for my miracle! I am praying each and every day, remembering God is my steering wheel, not my spare tire. Please keep me in your prayers.
maxwellmar
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello maxwellmar,How did your appointment go?? I hope all is well? E>
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rcm2034 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Hello, I live in Los Angeles, Ca and I would like to tell my story. I have tried to have a baby for 5 year with the help of the IVF and Egg Donor, without any positive results so far. On July 28, 2011, I had 3 embryos transferred or blastocysts. On August 8, I received my FIRST POSITIVE! With HCG level of 83, from there I started my nightmare, so far I've had 6 HCG labs, every 2 or 3 days: My HCG levels were: 83-103-333-1308-1865-and 2148. HCG didn’t double all the time but has continued to rise slowly. On August 23, I had my first vaginal ultrasound and the doctor saw a very tiny sac, that day the doctor said that the sac was very small (only 6 mm) and with six weeks I can not had a viable pregnancy. Four days later on Sunday 28, exactly one month since my embryos was transferred I had another ultrasound where the doctor after trying to find the sac, he said that it is a very small sac and I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum, he told me my sac was measuring shorter than it should have been for 7 weeks pregnant, and that the fetus never made it, and assured me to schedule a D&C ASAP and that I must suspend the medicines (progesterone and Vivelle-estradiol patches) I almost begged him to leave me a little longer with the medicines because If I suspend the medicines, this will cause a imminent bleeding. My question is why my doctor says that I have 7 weeks pregnant, if I just turned on Sunday 28, one month since they put the embryos in my body, so I must have minimum 4 weeks? I ask him and he just answered that is the protocol?? What should I do: to continue with my meds and wait longer or not? I have some symptoms of pregnancy but my doctor says are caused by the medications I'm using. Please help me, what I need to do?
rcm2034
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:56 pm

hello rcm2034,I would say hang in there a little longer.I personally dont think your HCG levels are bad,mine wernt very good neither and I gave birth to twins,if anything mine should have been double.They say your weeks pregnant depending by your menstrual cycle no matter what,I know its a little rediculous but thats there thing.I knew the day I had to of conceived and they argued with me about it.I would just wait and hang in there.I think your to early to see anything and definately to early to give up.I hope this helps.Im here for you and goin to pray for the best.I live in LosAngeles county,california (antelope valley).so our time frame is the same.when is your next appointment? Good luck sweety
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rcm2034 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you amymoe for your answer. You're right....as hopeful as this is...these are the exceptions to the rule. I have had 2 ultrasounds with Dr Y. and Dr W., with only 4 days apart. They have not wanted to take the time to find out a little more. It seems that the only thing that matters is a new cycle and earns more money. There are no negative changes such as cramping or bleeding or anything like that. My breasts are continuing to swell, and my nipples have gotten quite dark, especially when aroused. My morning sickness is still coming everyday and going. I'm in no big rush to get to my baby's end.

I had been feeling pretty pessimistic, and thought I had already accepted in my head that this was an unviable pregnancy and the embryo had already been lost and absorbed. I didn't realize how much hope I was still holding out until today when I felt nauseous, tired, swollen and super pregnant again. So next week I am planning to have a second opinion with different doctor and clinic. I'm considering asking for another ultra sound.

I really haven't told anyone besides my husband as I'm a pretty private person, so it's great to have someone to talk to. I will update you if anything happens. Thanks for the prayers- I know they can do the most of all. Ruth
rcm2034
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 pm

hello rcm2034, hows everything going so far? please keep me posted,your in my prayers : )
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby thatgirl » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:20 am

Hi all..i would like to ask your honest opinion in my case...i would love to hear you cause we're on the mid crisis of going or not going to have a dnc...my pregnancy resulted as blighted ovum....please help me to enlighten our mind as to what are we suppose to do or decide.....i'm 41 y/o and already a 3 time mom....my youngest is 10...i am 9 weeks pregnant by my Lmp which is july 11, 2011...my First visit to my dr,aug 27,2011 she immediately do my first transv u/s...and saw only a gestational sac age of 6w2d...impression: (-)subchorionic hemorrhage...cervix long and close......dr said it might be a blighted ovum, and scheduled me to have a follow up u/s after 2 weeks...last sat sept 10 my 2nd u/s showed another gestational sac and nothing more...and same impression...dr said if i want to have another u/s by 2nd opinion to other dr, i may do so...... sept 12, 2011...i went to have a second opinion and my 3rd u/s revealed these things:
"Within a gravid uterus is a single gestational sac with good trophoblastic reaction. within it is a single embryo with a crown-rump-length of 1.12 cm, this is equivalent to 7 weeks 2 days of gestation. yolk sac is intact, No fetal cardiac rate note at this time of examination. Minimal subchorionic hemorrhage is seen. cervix is closed and measures
2.97 x 3.03 x 2.37 cm. No free fluid is noted in the posterior cul de sac.
IMPRESSION : single early intrauterine pregnancy with gestational age of 7w2d based on crown rump length measurement. However no fetal cardiac activity detected. suggest follow-up study after 2-3 weeks to determine viability. subchorionic hemorrhage. ultrasound edc = april 28, 2012. closed cervix."

I am also aware that some reason for blighted ovum is our age....both 41...(old eggs and sperm)... my heart broke when the dr told me that if it continue i might have a down baby....i am into a nightmare of giving decisions to which i would believe....my heart wants my baby but scared of having him with health problem...i dont want my baby to suffer such...
I am so much amazed with your story and i hope it will also happen to me....
please find time to answer my condition....i have no cramping nor bleeding....just a normal pregnancy, craving for foods,breast sores, always sleepy, and easily get tired....no vomiting or morning sickness....waiting till eternity...hope it ends...pls help...thank you and God bless your heart..
thatgirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Dear thatgirl,I would say hang in there E> They told me I had possible risks of a down syndrome baby.The only reason they say that is because of our age,my babies were born 100% healthy.I would say,do whats in your heart and what you feel is in the best interest for your family.My oppinion is everything is going to be ok.I wish i had more answeres for you.Take care.God does everything for a reason E>
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Panthersgirl09 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:28 am

Hello, I know this is an old post, but it really touched me and made me finally have some hope!
For the last 2 weeks I have been told that my pregnancy is not looking good, and my doctor pretty much sounded like there was no hope. My HCG levels are rising but not doubling, I have no idea how far along I am due to irregular periods I could be 9 weeks or 4-5 weeks. for all I know!! I've had 2 ultrasounds in the last 2 weeks and they have showed nothing but the sac. My doctor seems to think the baby isgonebut I don't see why!
My hcg levels have been
18/8/14 - 184
20/08/14- 505
28/08/14- 4598
30/08/14- 6452
09/09/14- 19,700
11/09/14- 22,000

And with the last result said it's not good because it's not doubling! It's still rising though! Do I have no hope? Or is there hope!? I havnt stopped crying for days just thinking my baby could be gone!
Panthersgirl09
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories