Empty sac no growth BABY FOUND at 10.5 weeks!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Empty sac no growth BABY FOUND at 10.5 weeks!

Postby Blondie30_30 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:49 pm

I had a scan 5 1/2 week to date the pregnancy. It was early so the doctor decided to bring me back in a week to check to see how things were developing. A week later at a little over six weeks I was told that the sac had not changed enough to believe the pregnancy was viable and I was going to miscarry. I was given a presciption to help start the miscarriage if I chose and also offered a d&c. I chose to wait and let it happen naturally. After about 3.5 weeks of pregnancy symptoms and nothing else happening I called the doctor to discuss options as the wait was agonizing. I asked for another scan just to be sure before we did anything else. At 10.5 weeks, the scan showed my baby and a strong heartbeat and a very surprised doctor who said that that had never happened to him before. He was honestly shocked to see a baby and strong heartbeat. I was thankful that I had waited to let things happen naturally. This doesn't always happen but I am proof that early scans are not always reliable.
Blondie30_30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Empty sac no growth

Postby Kay » Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Wow! That is terrific. I am so glad you shared your story. I am a firm believer that a blighted ovum should not even be suggested before nine or ten weeks. Seven and even eight weeks is just too early to diagnose a miscarriage in a case like this.

Yay!!! :P
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Empty sac no growth BABY FOUND at 10.5 weeks!

Postby set2wait » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 am

I got hope from your post.
I am facing the exactly same thing. I am hoping and praying that at my next U/S at 11 weeks I will get the heart beat. i am also on waiting to happen it naturally. But friend of mine was too waiting for miscarriage and she ended up in D&C at 4 months without any symptom of miscarriage. It made me scared.
Please all pray for me that i will find my baby 's heart beat on next scan

Cheers
set2wait
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Sandra Hinojosa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:38 pm

I hope it goes well. I too am 11 wks and no baby yet. I had heavy bleeding this week and they gave me some pills to finish this pregnancy. I am not taking pills and hoping they were wrong because I feel pregnant. It might just be my body that is not back to normal but we will see. I hope you can hear baby hb but if not wait a little longer. They say that our body will get it out if it is not growing right. Be patient and pray.
Sandra Hinojosa
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby isis21a » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:20 pm

I am so happy that I found this website, all these stories have made me feel as though there can still be hope and that miracles do happen.
I find myself on the same boat as you ladies. I went yesterday for my u/s I'm suppose to be 10 weeks according to my LMP but last time I went they told me that I was not that far along so to wait a little longer. Yesterday the doctor told me that I'm having a missed miscarriage because they still can't find a heartbeat. The doctor wanted me to do a D&C already but I said I want to wait for it to happen naturally, he said that it can take weeks for my body to recognize that the baby is not alive anymore and to have a natural miscarriage so he scheduled me for another u/s in one week just for my peace of mind and maybe then I'll agree to the D&C. Part of me wants to stay hopefull that my babies(they are twins) are still there and just maybe a little slow or that my tilted uterus has something to do with not seeing the heartbeat yet, but I was so sad yesterday that I really don't want to get my hopes up and set myself up for another heartbreak. I mostly feel bad because my boyfriend really isn't giving up hope for a miracle next week. I know that God will do what is best for me but I really want my little angels to be born. Please pray for me so that I might get a little miracle next week.
isis21a
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mithu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 pm

I am really happy to join this forum because you ladies are giving me hope. I have a perfectly healthy baby girl of 4.5 years. I was pregnant again in 2011 august and ended up in a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. I got pregnant again in feb 2012 and had to go for an u/s at 8 weeks(according to my LMP). The technician mentioned that she could see a yoc sac and a gestational sac(measures 5 weeks 6 days, no tilted uterus,HCG 36,000) but no baby. Both my husband and I were really shocked, but my ob-gyn said that probably my dates are off. She asked me to go for another u/s at 9 weeks. After the u/s the same results showed up. So, my ob-gyn recommended d&c. But we have decided to go for a second opinion and expecting a miracle. The new doctor is looking forward for an u/s and then decide if a d&c is required. Please pray for us.
Mithu
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mithu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Also, I still have sore boobs, nausea and other pregnancy symptoms. It was not the same last time!.
Mithu
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby karenpeters » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 am

I'm praying for you. I'm supposed to be 9 weeks, but crown to rump measures only 6 weeks. They see fetal poles, but no heartbeat. EVERYONE is saying it's absolutely over, but I'm praying for acceptance of whatever happens. I'm not doing the D&C though.
karenpeters
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby wawamoore » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I am in the exact same boat as well. I am supposed to be 9 weeks and measured at 6 weeks with no heartbeat at my ultrasound on Monday. I went in for my 2nd blood test today and will hopefully hear back tomorrow to find out if my levels are increasing or decreasing. I do have a tilted uterus so I am hoping that maybe that affected my ultrasound. I am keeping my faith at this point and putting this in God's hands. The stories on these boards are really amazing.
wawamoore
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm

I am so relieved to have found this site. I am in the same situation. I had my last US earlier this week which would put me at 8 weeks based on my LMP. But my RE says that i onlymeasured 5.5 weeks which was the same as previous week. She said I can either wait to miscarry naturally or she can do a D&C but there's no rush. I decided to get a 2nd opinion and was lucky to get an appointment with an OB-GYN this Monday the 30th. I am hoping I will be one of the lucky ones and I will pray that all of us in this situation will finally hear a heartbeat soon! Baby dust to all of us!!!
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shellndarranxx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 pm

hi, this one hits home slightly with me too....this site has given me hope...im starting to think its been in vain but have my last shred of hope this week. iv had 3 scans on weekly intervals, the first one showed two sacks but empty, i was told by a fortune teller that id have twins so couldn believe it!!!, the second scan a week later showed one empty sack, the sonographer lady couldn find the other so the doctor came in an found them both an told me she thought they measured correctly for 6 weeks an not to hold out hope for them both. 10 days later was my next appointment and had started to bleed red bood but not that heavy...i was dreading the scan as i thought that was it.. game over. i told the midwife of the bleed and she looked at me with pitty before telling me to get ready for my internal scan , my fiance was with me and he was just as worried. the scan was performed and only one sack was located, then she announced the sack was empty, also looked like it was collapsing and this was definately a missed miscarriage, a doctor came in an checked and verified. we were devastated. the other sack is a mistery. i was told of my options and i told her id leave it to nature. i think im in denial really but had rang my doctor and asked for an appointment with the other local hospital for a second opinion as i felt not much time was given to be sure. i went last monday past and explained to the midwife performing the scan and she was understanding and had a really good look comenting on how tilted back my womb was, she found the sack an said it looked to be collapsing also...she then said from a different angle it looked fine and proceeded to find what looked like a yolk sack. we were in shock as previously it was empty, she was as confused as us. i went there to get confirmation the pregnancy had ended only to be shown that shiny round yolk sack, still no baby detected or even a flicker of a heartbeat. we are now hoping that by some miracle our baby is somewhere in there also hiding in the supposedly collapsing sack. i will be 10 weeks next week and am hanging on to our follow up scan next thursday with much hope, im thinking of you ladies and hoping for a miracle for us all xxxx
shellndarranxx
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Shellnda,

I too checked in with a psychic about my situation and she gave m a lot of hope and encouraged me to visualize that my baby is safe. are you located in SoCal by chance?
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shellndarranxx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:45 pm

no triccia were in belfast, not sure where SoCal is. id seen the psychic a few years ago an didnt believe her lol , she was adement tho. think visualising might help. i really wish you all the best. its tough going isnt it, be worth it when you get to see your lil one .
shellndarranxx
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Southern California. My psychic was pretty adamant that nothing was wrong and that I shouldn't worry. I went in to see her because I just needed someone to talk to after the negative news. I do hope she's right. I wish you all the best as well. I keep visualizing that my baby is safe and healthy and we will go from there. Thanks.
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shellndarranxx » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:52 am

keep me posted!!! good luck for tomoro ill be thinking about you xx
shellndarranxx
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Shellnda,

Sigh! So I went to my second opinion OB today and the ultrasound confirmed that the baby measured 4.5 weeks which is one week less than the initial diagnosis of 5.5 and there is no heartbeat :-(. My hubby and I are still confused a little and wondering why the psychic said to be strong and keep positive thoughts because she sees this baby is holding on. (I didn't tell her I was pregnant when I saw her, she picked up on that). At this point, only a miracle could save our baby. The OB said I can wait for another 6 weeks to make a decision on whether to do D&C or medication. Meanwhile, they drew blood today and will draw again in 2 weeks to check my HCG levels change. This is a really difficult time right now..
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shellndarranxx » Tue May 01, 2012 5:14 am

triccia, im sorry to hear that....i know how difficult all of this is for you, i really hope everything works out , just stay strong whatever the outcome. 6 weeks is a long time to wait and you are very early on so you never know. my medium had told me my granda told her i was goin to have my twins , im starting to believe it could be next time round for us. all of this is painful now and probably always will be, one day there will be a baby in your arms and you will be envoloped in love and the journey and pain it took to get there will be worth it...hold on to that, theres light !! thinking of you x
shellndarranxx
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Moomin85 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I am currently 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have a history of miscarriage. I had a transvaginal scan at 7 weeks 1 day which revealed a heartbeat. I had another scan today which revealed no heartbeat,the sonographer measured the fetus at 7 weeks 2 days. The baby apparently died the day after my last scan. My symptoms are still there and i had a strong positive hpt today NOT using morning urine. When i looked at the screen today the baby did not look like it did at my 7 week scan,it looked bigger and more formed. please help.
Moomin85
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 pm

You may want to get a 2nd opinion but wait a week or a little longer if you can. With regards to your symptoms, I was told they will stay until the fetus is flushed out of your system. Good luck!
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:56 am

Shellnda,
thanks for the positive thoughts and bestof luck to you.
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories