Empty sac no growth BABY FOUND at 10.5 weeks!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Re: Empty sac no growth BABY FOUND at 10.5 weeks!

Postby shellndarranxx » Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 am

thanks triccia,....moomin i agree with trish get a second opinion if only to put your mind at rest, with regards to using hpt mine have been strong positives for 4 weeks, i checked yesterday and the line was bearly there...i really have no idea why nothing has passed yet as awful as it sounds, i wouldnt go by that. my scan tomoro i already know what to expect im quite annoyed at myself for letting this go on so long. piece of mind is a wanderful thing though, at least there will be no doubts before i get medical intervention. x
shellndarranxx
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby confused mom » Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 pm

I too am thankful I found this site...hers my story....lmp was February 17,2012 I took numerous pg tests and all came back negative in March..April came and I waited for the 17th to arrive again no period...took another pg test and it came back negative...went to clinic on 4/24/12. And was told that to my surprise a ppositive pg test!!!!! Blessed to not have morning sickness but all the other normal symptoms...well went to ob/gyn on Monday had all procedures and lab work done just to go back today and have an ultrasound and only see the sac:( ...my doctor said my numbers were good...but no fetus in the sac so I could be having a blitted ovum or I'm off on when I conceived....I am having brownish to light pink spotting off and on for the last 3-4 days with no stomach. Cramps no clots,cramps or pain ....anyone who can advise me or give input will be greatly appreciated
confused mom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Triccia9245 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:55 am

Confused mom, I would recommend that you schedule another US a week from your last one. You might also consider to schedule this with a different OB so you can compare diagnosis. The light brown/pinkish spotting might be an indication that your progesterone level is low and you might need help with that so definitely let your OB know about the spotting. This way you can get peace of mind and know what options are available to you. I was in the same boat as you ( even our LMP was just a few days apart). Hope this helps and good luck!
Triccia9245
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby confused mom » Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks @Triccia9245...I'm gonna take your advise...just took hpt and it was a strong positive...no bleeding so far today...no pains or cramps ...I called my on/gyn and was told their waiting on my results to get back to them...now I'm still feeling pg and as long as my numbers keep going up their is always hope that all is well and that I was off on my dates and also thanks for telling me about my progesterone levels I will most surely bring this up to my doctor .....thanks again
confused mom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby liusheng » Tue May 08, 2012 10:31 pm

I am in the exact same boat as well. I am supposed to be 9 weeks and measured at 6 weeks with no heartbeat at my ultrasound on Monday. I went in for my 2nd blood test today and will hopefully hear back tomorrow to find out if my levels are increasing or decreasing. I do have a tilted uterus so I am hoping that maybe that affected my ultrasound. I am keeping my faith at this point and putting this in God's hands. The stories on these boards are really amazing.
liusheng
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby babygibby8 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:59 pm

went to the dr. today, to see if we could see a heartbeat or even a baby in the sac.

Last week, all we saw was a yolk sac and the g-sac, no baby.

I went in today a ball of nerves.

We still didn't see a baby all we saw was a definite g-sac and yolk sac.

She was a little concerned because according to her calculations I should be 6 weeks this week. She sent me to the hospital to get an ultra sound there--of course at this point i was loosing it.

When my doctor finally got my results back from the hospital the results were: The amniotic sac shows 5 weeks and the yolk sac formed--no baby too early.

Oh a high note she said the blood work that she took last week, my progestrone levels looked really good and my HCG levels were at like 400 something and that's good for early pregnancy. So my dr. said she was hopeful, but it's too early to tell anything

Her recommendation is to wait another couple of weeks and continue to take prenatal vitamins.

I'm still a ball of nerves. I'm praying and keeping God in the midst.
babygibby8
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kawaidon1010 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 am

Hi here's my story. Before TTC, i went for a checkup and was diagnosed with polyps which explained my midcycle bleeding and will interfere with conception. Nevertheless, i tried and got it. According to my LMP, i should be 6+weeks pregnant. I have no symptoms other than sensitive swollen breasts. When i went for my first check-up, i was told i was 5+weeks as vaginal u/s showed nothing else but a sac measuring about 10mm. I was prescribed duphaston and told to return 10 days later. However 3 days later, i saw some pinkish spotting and went in to check again. Doc said no good as the sac didn't grow any bigger and it might be duphaston that is causing the undeveloping sac to be attached to my body. I was devastated! I could choose to stop duphaston to allow my body to pass out the sac or continue with duphaston which might give me false hopes. I decided to continue with duphaston. For the last 3 days, i'm still experiencing light spotting and i'm feeling more and more hopeless! I would like to know if duphaston can give me false hopes and how are my odds  of pregnancy. Thank you! 
Kawaidon1010
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MmyTasha » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:53 am

This post gives me much hope. Thank you very much.

Last week, I went for an ultrascan (8 weeks, day 5) and there's a beautiful heartbeat :'), even though it was a bit hard trying to find the sac. Today, I went for another ultrascan (10 weeks), still a bit hard to find the sac but eventually managed to find it.. but, the ultrascan showed that the sac was empty. I didn't ask for the measurement as I was trying to comfort myself (I had a miscarriage a year ago, and went for D&C at 5th week). The doctor said I probably had a miscarriage but told me to not feel sad yet and she said to have another ultrascan in a week's time. I am planning to go for a 2nd option to check with another doctor on in a few days. I am not looking forward to undergo D&C again and i'd rather it happened naturally. I don't want to risk my pregnancy if there is still hope. I believe that Jesus will show me miracle! My little one is there, she's just "hiding"....... Please pray for me too.
MmyTasha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby yoamojuju » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Good morning, I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum on July 8, 2016. I was 7 weeks at the time. I had an ultrasound and Dr. said there was no embryo. She also mentioned that I have a tilted uterus but that should not have made a difference. LMP was June 18th but my cycle is 35 days. I am 40 years old and got pregnant right away.

The first couple of weeks after I missed AF, I felt very tired and had very sore b--bs, mostly at night. I have had no cramping and no bleeding at all. No spotting either. My sore b--bs come and go. They do however hurt at night. I was very tired and now that has subsided. Again, no cramps, no spotting, no bleeding. I feel bloated and that's about it.

My doctor said that my blood level was 23,000 and went up to 29,000 which is not what she expected for a viable pregnancy at 7 weeks :*( I had never even heard of a blighted ovum!

I am sad and these past few weeks have been so stressful and so emotionally draining. I will go to the doctor on the 22nd in the morning for an ultrasound and if there is no baby, the D & C procedure will follow later on the same day.

I hope they find my baby and I hope that it was a misdiagnosis. If not, I believe that God has a different plan for me.

I pray that the rest of you have a healthy pregnancy! Best of luck to you E>
yoamojuju
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories