Slow rising HcG ...miscarriage/Ectopic? UPDATE:BABY BORN!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Re: Slow rising HcG levels.. Possible miscarriage or Ectopic

Postby Kay » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Enjoy that morning sickness. That's always a good sign. I know that next ultrasound will be a relief.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby joolzyg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Today we had our first antenatal appointment and scan, waiting to be called in was awful,the worry that everything would be ok :H after all we'd been through..
Eventually called through to scan room with a bursting bladder - why are they always running late when you have to have a full bladder?!
The lady was fantastic, she knew I was worried so pointed out our baby ...Yes BABY... :P after a few measurements our dates were confirmed and we're 13 weeks.. :)8
Hopefully now i can relax and enjoy this pregnancy, thanks to kay and everyone for your support xxx
Me 39, Partner 42
Daughter 18, Son 13
Stepson 14, Stepdaughter 13.
Angel baby #1 May 01 (14wks) Angel baby #2 May 03 (8wks).
Angel baby #3 Feb 10 (7wks)
Baby due Jan 10th 2011
joolzyg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes!!! That is excellent news. I always love these updates! Congratulations.

By the way, those full-bladder ultrasounds are just the worst. I had to have one last month to look for cysts and after two babies, it was just not a fun time. Fortunately you had something more exciting to look at then I did :)
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby joolzyg » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 am

I'm now almost 23 weeks and really can't believe how quick it is going, it hasn't been the easiest pregnancy - we came back high risk ( 1 in 5 ) for Downs Syndrome, we decided against an amnio because of the miscarriage risk - our baby is already very much loved and wanted,it really doesn't matter what god has blessed us with :)O<
We've got another scan on Tuesday for a general check up, we had a fetal heart scan in London last month and everything fine there :)
baby dust to all xxx
Me 39, Partner 42
Daughter 18, Son 13
Baby due Jan 10th 2011
joolzyg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:52 pm

How did the check up go?
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby adele » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey looby loo and jool been reading your stories bout everything gals dnt give up hope i havnt, i had spotiing 4 18days wth a hcg level of 37.6 thn 31.8 thn 32.6 this was bout 2weeks ago posible miscariage i know but im praying :H hard i dnt realy hav finace to go 2dr now but the net has helped me alot, aparntly dehydration can cause low or decreasing and still standing hcg levels so ive been drinking my water everyday praying, need to go back for nother blood test but im getting hydrated first B) being positive even when the ods look against me :() but ill stay strong and so should you :)O< hehe id also like to know how u guys doin sofar as you havnt posted in a while... :(T
kay u rock hehe :P
greetings

me 23 fiance 31
step daughter 9
first 8)O due hopefully may 2011 :)8
adele
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joolzyg » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am

Well....

I'm now almost 37 weeks and the end is in sight!! B)

This has been the most stressful pregnancy with threatened miscarriage, Gestational diabetes, blood clot (I've been injecting myself twice each morning with blood thinner for last 7 weeks now) and the 1 in 5 high risk of Down's Syndrome ( we won't know for definate until after delivery as we refused an amnio)

BUT

its been worth everything and am so looking forward to meeting our cherished baby 8)O

I hope my posts gives you all hope and some comfort..

Will let you know when baby arrives!

Love and baby dust to all xxx
Me 39, Partner 42
Daughter 18, Son 13
Baby due Jan 10th 2011
joolzyg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby joolzyg » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:01 am

8)O Just realised I hadn't updated.... sorry for the delay!

Our beautiful daughter Meira was born on the 29th December 2010
At 14.46hrs by c-section, she weighed 5lb 7ozs and didn't have downs syndrome.
She was delivered 2wks early as due to my gestational diabetes she was going to be huge!
They got that wrong!

Meira is now 9 weeks old and I thank god everyday for her

I never thought it would happen so please don't lose hope xx E> .
Me 39, Partner 42
Daughter 18, Son 13
Baby due Jan 10th 2011
joolzyg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Slow rising HcG ...miscarriage/Ectopic? UPDATE:BABY BOR

Postby pandorah7777 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Thank you for your story. I am trying not to give up hope as my ultrasound only shows a sac and nothing else and my hcg levels are slow rising small drop and then slow rise again. I have no bleeding though and just want to believe so much that this will happen. We have been trying for 8 years and finally got pregnant and now I don't want to loose hope or give up despite the Dr. saying there is none. But, after reading your post you have given me hope if not for this pregnancy then maybe a future one. I know it's in God's hands. I just keep praying. :H
pandorah7777
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rcm2034 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Hello, I live in Los Angeles, Ca and I would like to tell my story. I have tried to have a baby for 5 year with the help of the IVF and Egg Donor, without any positive results so far. On July 28, 2011, I had 3 embryos transferred or blastocysts. On August 8, I received my FIRST POSITIVE! With HCG level of 83, from there I started my nightmare, so far I've had 6 HCG labs, every 2 or 3 days: My HCG levels were: 83-103-333-1308-1865-and 2148. HCG didn’t double all the time but has continued to rise slowly. On August 23, I had my first vaginal ultrasound and the doctor saw a very tiny sac, that day the doctor said that the sac was very small (only 6 mm) and with six weeks I can not had a viable pregnancy. Four days later on Sunday 28, exactly one month since my embryos was transferred I had another ultrasound where the doctor after trying to find the sac, he said that it is a very small sac and I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum, he told me my sac was measuring shorter than it should have been for 7 weeks pregnant, and that the fetus never made it, and assured me to schedule a D&C ASAP and that I must suspend the medicines (progesterone and Vivelle-estradiol patches) I almost begged him to leave me a little longer with the medicines because If I suspend the medicines, this will cause a imminent bleeding. My question is why my doctor says that I have 7 weeks pregnant, if I just turned on Sunday 28, one month since they put the embryos in my body, so I must have minimum 4 weeks? I ask him and he just answered that is the protocol?? What should I do: to continue with my meds and wait longer or not? I have some symptoms of pregnancy but my doctor says are caused by the medications I'm using. Please help me, what I need to do?
rcm2034
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jennbaza » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:18 am

hi Im a newbe. im very scared and confussed... im 28 and jave 3 kids pregnant with our fourth. got u/s told I was 6.7 weeks and evrything was good. wwnt back in at 8 weeks got a v/u and theu said no heart beet and to expect a miscarrige. its been four days and I have no bleeding and no paim. and I still feel veey pregnant. I am so happy I found this site its given me hope . I just dont understand and am confussed!
jennbaza
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jennbaza » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:20 am

sorry for the misspelled words my phone likes to do that ...
jennbaza
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories