blighted ovum? yeah right

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

blighted ovum? yeah right

Postby miraclebab3 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:01 pm

i went to the dr's when i was 6 weeks and they said they saw no fetal pole and no yolk sac, and that i should get another sonogram when i was seven weeks to confirm. they said that it was a very likely chance that i had a blighted ovum. i was so scared but i found this website and decided to wait until i was at least 9 weeks to get my second ultrasound, and make any decisions. when i went to get the sonogram i drunk 1 liter of water, and they found the baby and the heartbeat was strong.
if you have no cramping and no bleeding i say wait it out, your body will exspell it naturally, and they wanted me to get a dnc n i refused. now im 10 weeks and 2 days. thanks to this website for giving me hope, and i will be praying for those of you that are experiencing this. hope my story reaches and touches you :) any questions email me craz33sexy@yahoo.com keep u n my prayers
miraclebab3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mellisa » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:11 am

Thats wonderful news. Congratulations.
~ PCOS & Incompetent Cervix
~ 4 miscarriages - 4w3d, 9w5d, 10w5d, 10w6d
~ Hannah Grace - born to soon @ 23wks. Shared 30 glorious minutes of life before leaving us. Incompetent Cervix
Mellisa
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. I just wish they wouldn't even suggest blighted ovum until nine weeks or so. Why put women through that worry unnecessarily?

Congrats to you and thanks again for sharing!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories