8 wks Pregnant spottin and crampin

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

8 wks Pregnant spottin and crampin

Postby tduque » Tue May 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi everyone, Please help. I am 8 wks pregnant. I started spottin very light a couple days ago. I went to hospital late at night, they said i was miscarryin. They said for me to contact my Dr the next mornin so I did. They told me to come in automatically and did u/s. It showed bleeding inside and Dr called it somethin hemorraging. Babys heartbeat was 165 which he said was good, and measurements were on target. But im cramping and spottin really light. Dr has put me on bedrest. Is this going to end in miscarriage or will I be ok? Im really scared this is my 4rth pregnancy and I never had problems b4 like this.

:sos :H
Tiffany
Mommy of Presley 8 Railey 4 and twin boys Daniel and Stephen almost 2

tduque
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue May 19, 2009 11:08 pm

You may still be okay. I bled heavily during weeks 12 and 17 with my son and he is now ten years old.

Take your doctor's advice and rest.

(((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby tduque » Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 pm

ok thank you. i go back to dr thursday, im hopin evthing is ok.

:H
Tiffany

tduque
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm

I'll be praying for you (((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby tduque » Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 pm

thank you so much! i was hopin for someone to respond and u r all i got so far. some have said they miscarried with subchorionic hemorrahage ( thats the name by the way) and some have said they made it and had healthy babies so im hopin im one of those,

Tiffany

tduque
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby aeburse4 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:26 am

It sounds like you might have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I had one with my first DD, and although I was closely monitored, everything was find, and she was born perfect on her due date. I will be thinking of you.
Amanda-28
DD Mikayla: Born 4-3-03; DD Katie: Born 8-4-06
Twin Angels: 5/16/06
BFP: 5/1 First Ultrasound: 5-15-09 no HB detected; measuring around 5 weeks.
aeburse4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed May 20, 2009 3:07 pm

There is a risk but, I have talked to so many women who have carried their babies to full term after bleeding and/or hemmorhaging. Hang in there and rest, rest, rest!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby phoebemarie » Thu May 21, 2009 7:31 am

My best friend had the same thing. Her baby just turned 1 yr old in April. She was worried the whole pregnancy because she bleed pretty much the whole time. She said it was worse when she was working so she left work earlier than planned and stayed on a modified bed rest after her doctor took her off. She was too worried to risk it.
phoebemarie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tduque » Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 am

I went to the Dr yesterday. At first they told me that I had miscarried, couldnt find a fetus or heartbeat so they sent me to a place called Womens Imaging and they found the fetus and the heartbeat so of course I was relieved. Now just tryin to take it easy. A lil hard with 4 kids. I thk evthing gonna be ok. Im so happy now i was so worried.

thks for all responses!!

:)8
Tiffany

tduque
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat May 30, 2009 2:22 am

Oh my goodness, that is such good news. I am so happy for you. Please, keep us updated!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby motherof2 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:27 am

I'm so happy that they found the baby's heartbeat. Your story sounds similar to mine. I started to bleed around 14 weeks and ran straight to the ER thinking the worst. The ER doctor's told me that my body was trying to miscarry even though there was a heartbeat. My wonderful OB came and saw me while I was there and put me on bed rest and said he would see me in the morning. Long story short, he had me followed by a high risk OB and I now have a beautiful 11 week 2 day old little girl. I know that the bed rest is hard with other kids at home, but do the best you can. I'll be thinking of you and your little one.
Linda and Jim
Healthy baby boy 2/09/02
Healthy baby boy 3/23/04
Two angel babies 1/02/08 D&C
Healthy baby girl 3/12/09
motherof2
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lw8843 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:17 am

Tiffany~ I am glad you saw the hb and baby again. That is good news. If you'd like to talk with others playing the waiting game while in the 1st trimester there is a forum on the 1st trimester board called Due 2009 and 2010 if you'd like to go there and chat you are more then welcome.
~Laura~ DH Jacob
DD Haylee October 20th 2006
DD Hannah August 12th 2009
EDD~7/1/2011
Angel babies #1 March 21st 2008-D&C 6 weeks #2 August 20th 2008 12.5 weeks
lw8843
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tduque » Sat May 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Kay, Laura, and Linda,

Thank you all. My next DR appt. is June 18th. I will keep u all updated.
And thanks for letting me know bout the 2009 people. I will try it out.

Im still doin ok so far. Still havin some mild cramping but no more spottin,
so Im just keepin fingers crossed.

Laura good luck with ur delivery, u dont have long to go.

Tiffany

tduque
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

I hope that all continues to go well...with both of my healthy pregnancies...I have had sub-chorionic bleeding...I am sure that is probably what you had. It is quite common. They can not really tell early in pregnancy whether or not it will have an affect on the baby or not. Unfortunately in ealry pregnancy, things are so small that they can not tell if vital parts are involved in the bleed or not. I just wanted to reassure you that a pregnancy that starts like that CAN end in a happy way. I pray for more great news at your next appointment.
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories