Jeni's Story - Misdiagnosed Miscarriage with IUD

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Jeni's Story - Misdiagnosed Miscarriage with IUD

Postby Kay » Wed May 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Jeni gave me permission to share her story with everybody :)

-------------------
I tried to register to share my story but it wouldn't let me. I found out I was preg at about 5 weeks along. I was very shocked and worried since I have a iud in place! I went to the dr and they couldn't get the iud out. The dr ordered a ultra sound to see the placement of the iud. So at 5w 4days we had a ultra sound. The ultra sound tech told me there was no hb but it could just be to early. My dr had been out of town and I was told by his coulege tomake an spot with my dr in 2 weeks, unless u miscarried before then? When I was 7w 5 days my dr called when he was back in town and left a message on my phone that he was back in town and he saw the results if the ultra sound and it looked like I miscarried! I as very confused because I still felt preg( very sick). I called him back and told him I was still preg he was confused since he was sure I would have miscarried a long time ago. All of this because the saw no hb at 5w 4days. I went back this week and baby has a fast strong hb!!! I am still very concerned about the iud but hopefully all will go well.

I found this web site while trying to find info on finding babys hb. I was so greatful for the comfort it gave me while I waited to see the hb. I knew in my heart the baby was fine but when dr's tell you other things you get scared. Thank you for your time. I hope I can share my story with others.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby AshleyAE » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 pm

I wonder why they can't get the IUD out? Hope everything goes well for you and your baby.
AshleyAE
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories