I cant believe it happened to me..

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

I cant believe it happened to me..

Postby lheidank » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:48 am

I have had a thread going in the diagnosed blighted ovum forum. I prayed one day I would share my story here with the miracle stories, and so God has granted me my wish....

I have just been remarried as of this year, after being married for 17 yrs. I have 4 beautiful children from my first marriage, and DH and I wanted to make this marriage even more by having one of our own. Im 38 and have been worried about AMA, and went to my doc in Jan for the removal of my 10yr IUD. One week after removal, I get a positive hpt, and it end in m/c within 2wks. Was ok, and decided to try right away in Feb. Thought for sure this was not the month, as I had no ep signs and took a hpt, just to confirm. Lo and behold, another positive!! Went to the doc for blood draw to confirm, and had doubling results for 2wks! Finally feeling so sure, I let my guard down, and accepted I was pg. The very next day, had pink cm and went to the er, to just have it checked out. I should of been 5w6d according to my lmp. But then again, wasnt really a lmp, as I had m/c. The tech did a u/s and told I was only 3 to 3.5 wks, sac only and nothing in it. Devistated, I had a b/o 10 yrs ago, went all the way to 9 wks and lost it naturally. I knew the drill, sac smaller than gestational age, spotting, all the signs. The er doc started out positive with me, but I insisted that I got a postive hpt on the 20th, and could not only be 3wks. She agreed when she saw my new blood tests and told me at 6wks, she wants to see a number of 6,000. My number on Saturday was 3962. Was 2417 two days prior, and only went up 61%. Went home and greived all weekend. Could not sleep, eat or anything. Monday came and I went to see my OB and he was hopeful for me, saying it was too early to diagnose a b/o. Had more blood work done, 3 more infact and all were going up 61%. He finally scheduled a u/s when I was at 26,000 hcg. My progesterone went from 11.5 to 10.1 to 12.1 to 8.7. He was not concerned as of Tues this week, just wanted to see if I had progressed on the u/s. I went in Wed. morning at 7am, and as soon as she put the wand in, I could see the sac on the screen. Could not see it when I was in the er, so I did not know how much different it looked, but definitely thought I saw something in it. She asked me how much they saw 11 days ago, and I told her a gest. sac measuring only 3-4wks. She passed the sac and went to measuring my uteris, ovaries and what else. I thought, why arent you looking at my sac and telling me anything? Before I could speak the words, she told me "well I see a yolk, and a fetal pole, and even a heart beat!", I lost it, cried so hard that she had to stop for a minute. My DH took a deep breath and cried as well.

The last 11 days of my life have been hell. I have cried a river, lost faith, found faith and finally was at peace 4 days prior to my u/s.

It was this website that saved my spirit and the spirit of my baby. I managed to find hope when there was none to have. I managed to find faith when I thought I had lost it. I managed to find peace and acceptance of what God had planned for me. Thank you for the hope, faith and peace that so many of us need when going through this experience. Even when things dont end up the way you want, you CAN find peace and faith. God bless all who reads these posts in search of hope and faith. Please do not give up. I have the paperwork from the er, showing my diagnosis as a blighted ovum, no special care instructions, just go home and wait to bleed. this reminds me everyday of how lucky and blessed Iam.
lheidank
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby AMYROBB » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Glad to hear your story! It gives hope to others. Sometimes a second opinion is best!
AMYROBB
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:49 pm

That is a blessing! Congratulations to you.

I know I don't need to say it (but I always do), ERs tend to misdiagnose miscarriages quite frequently on this site. Glad yours was one of them but sorry they put you through such a miserable time.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories