Misdiagnosed miscarriage at 11 weeks

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Re: Misdiagnosed miscarriage at 11 weeks

Postby JamieKelly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 am

I am going through a similiar situation.. 6wk1day there was a baby with a beating heart... 11wks4days nothing at all. Well the midwife and I saw something that looked like a big peanut in a shell a big lump skinny middle big lump.. she said theres no way it would be the baby based on its gestational size.. I went along....what do I know???

The Doc came in and we never saw that thing again... I was obviously distraught and they pulled me in the office shortly after to discuss "my options". Well even though all I wanted to do was run out of that hospital and grieve away from a bunch of strangers... I agreed to the HcG test... cried through the whole thing.

Came home and the nurse called and said my levels were at 400,000 and they wanted me back in tomorrow for another U/S. Then an hour later the Doc called with the same news... kept saying "I don't want to get your hopes up..." I knew where he was going with that.. I don't want to get excited but hearing your story helped! I haven't found maybe diagnosed miscarriage stories later in the first trimester...mostly within the first 5-6 weeks... so hearing yours gave a little hope. Either way, I'll have to deal with whatever they tell me tomorrow...

I'm glad your pregnancy turned out just fine! I am truly happy for you!!

Lots of love,

Jamie
JamieKelly
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lw8843 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 pm

jamie good luck on your results. Please keep us posted and let us know what they find out. :(O
~Laura~ DH Jacob
DD Haylee October 20th 2006
DD Hannah August 12th 2009
EDD~7/1/2011
Angel babies #1 March 21st 2008-D&C 6 weeks #2 August 20th 2008 12.5 weeks
lw8843
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby aehlich » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Best of luck to you, how are you??
fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds
aehlich
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Sweetnats » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:04 am

Wow what an amazing story. I am very similar at the moment and this site is giving me so much hope. I have been having fertility treatment for 3 years. I have had 5 miscarriages. And all have been around the 5-6 week mark. So i bled and it was over.

However this last one, i had an early scan at coming up for 6 weeks and a hb was seen. Then had a big bleed and thought that was in. Went in for a scan and the HB was going strong and the embryo had grown. We went in for our scan yesterday at 8weeks and 5 days and the lady said the embryo was there but no hb. We are devestated at the moment. We can not get our heads round the fact that i have been fine, no bleeding since, no pains, and pregnancy symptoms.

We are booked in for a D&C on friday but i have requested one more scan on thursday. But dont think this will change.

Any hope and help is great
Sweetnats
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 pm

I have been told that if you ever see the baby without a heartbeat, you should wait one week for a follow-up scan to verify. If the pregnancy is viable, you want to give the baby a chance to grow and really be seen. If there is still no heartbeat, you'll have your answer. Of course, as with any pregnancy, if there are complications, be seen right away. (((Hugs)))
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare: http://www.squidoo.com/misdiagnosedblightedovum
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks: http://www.squidoo.com/firstmisdiagnosedmiscarriage

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages: http://misdiagnosedmiscarriagemusings.blogspot.com/

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: http://www.squidoo.com/IVFMisdiagnosedMiscarriage

and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest:
http://www.squidoo.com/blighted-ovum-nine-weeks

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby aehlich » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 am

Always get a second opinion! I have learned that and will never forget it. I am so glad you have decided to get another scan. Its YOUR body and if you want to put off the D&C and there is no medical reason to do it immediately then that's your choice to do that! I wish you all of the best, God bless you.
aehlich
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories