From inevitable miscarriage TO HEALTHY BABY

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

From inevitable miscarriage TO HEALTHY BABY

Postby relativeus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 pm

I was 9 weeks 3 days and went in to the dr. for the first ultrasound. The dr. searched for some time to find the gestational sac, and finally announced it had stopped developing around 6 weeks. This would make miscarriage #3 for me so I was crestfallen to say the least. I was so overwhelmed that I didn't even ask if there was a heartbeat or not. I saw it myself and it did not look like a 9 week fetus, no arm or leg buds or anything recognizable. Just a circle in a sac. I was still having ridiculous nausea and breast tenderness and decided to go in and get the pill to speed the process along. Who wants to feel pregnant if you are not !? So, 4 days later, i went to a different dr. and she did an ultrasound before prescribing me anything, and LO AND BEHOLD a 9 1/2 week fetus with a beating heart and WAVING ARMS!!! She said everything looked perfect and had no real explanation as to the other dr.'s blunder.
relativeus
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Just goes to show, there are many types of misdiagnosed miscarriages. This site is not just for women who don't see their babies by seven on eight weeks.

I'm glad you didn't take that pill. Too many women do and then later email me wondering if they made a mistake.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Thank God you went to another Doctor...

Postby suzidoer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:23 pm

There's so many misdiagnosed miscarriages on this website and I am glad to see you're one of them!

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope it makes other women think twice before buying into some doctor's opinion at such an early stage of pregnancy.
Suzi Doer, 44 yrs old
2000 Boy born 12/2000
2003 Boy born 10/2003
2004 Boy born 6/2005
2009-1-18 natural m/c twins at 9 wks
suzidoer
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories