Waiting on the Lord

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Waiting on the Lord

Postby faith11:1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:34 pm

:)O< Hello, my name is Klair and I am pregnant for the second time. Last year, my husband and I found out that we were pregnant and a week after mothers day, I lost my child. I never had a D&C and I naturally miscarried. Since then, I had been praying and finally a year later and a very faint positive I found out that I was pregnant! I am doing a homebirth and just had a prenatal appointment with my midwife at which i was told that i had really good symptoms this time. about 5 days later i had flown to St Louis (by this point I am 12 weeks). The day i flew in i was tired and crampy, but no spotting. The next day, i woke up and went to the restroom and i was bleeding for the first time in two months. This is just like a normal period for me= heavy bleeding, small clots, cramps, but only on one side. As i speak i have no cramps. I decided to fly back home and everyone at my church and my husband prayed. My husband feels good about the pregnancy still and we are holding faith.
I was loosing it this morning, but then i stumbled upon the woman who started this site and starting reading everyones stories. Also, none of my cramps have risen to severe like i had last time i miscarried and i havent experienced anything else above normal period stuff. If anyone can give me any encouraging words, I would appreciate it. I am standing in Faith because I know that the promises of God is stronger than death. I will not be having any ultrasounds since i am doing homebirth, but December 1st is my next appointment and i am supposed to be able to hear the heartbeat!!
HEBREWS 11:1
faith11:1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:19 pm

I admire your faith and I am sorry you find yourself in this "holding pattern". I will lift you and your baby up in prayer.
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby faith11:1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks so much... we can use all the prayer we can get! E>
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

update

Postby faith11:1 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:36 pm

going to er tomorrow per request of midwife. ultrasound...pray!! E>
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:38 pm

please keep us updated!
Nicole
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

update

Postby faith11:1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:01 pm

doctor was no help! tried forcing me to have a d&c. . . said that i would bleed to death, said he was having a social worker come to see why i didnt want the d&c.he acted as if i was suicidal. he checked my hormones with my urine and they were low so he said i had a missed miscarriage and it basically was not worth getting an ultrasound. my midwife was outraged and she put me back on bedrest and we are going to check our levels in 2 more weeks. i have faith and am not loosing hope! :H
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:47 pm

um what???? A social worker??? Really? That is INSANE. I can't believe that! You have every right to do what you think is best in this situation. I am praying for the best for you.
Nicole
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 am

Some of the things I hear about ER doctors here just astound me.

(((hugs))) to you. Keep us updated and, please, if you show any signs of infection or fainting or anything like that, be seen.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Covergirl20 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 am

ohmygosh!

He is the one that should be seeing a social worker. Sounds like he is a pretty screwed up guy!

I wanted an unmedicated birth for my DS and the nurses kept pressing me for one and I kept saying NO! They had a lady come and talk to me about my options. Good God! I said No! What is up with these people? BTW- I probably would have lost my son if I'd had an epidural. He was stuck and I had to push hard when they said. He made it out bruised, low oxygen levels and with a broken shoulder bone, but what if I couldnt feel to push???

Get rest- I will pray for you! Listen to your body and your heart!

and keep that faith!
Covergirl20
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

update

Postby faith11:1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 am

bleeding has officially stopped :)8
all i need to do is continue believing the Lord and wait for my little one! :H
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 pm

I'm so glad. I remember how worrisome the bleeding during my pregnancy was.

Just take it easy. Remember, once you've bleeding, it can be easy to get it started again. Some things that may start it are sex, internal exams/ultrasounds and even bowel movements (especially if you are constipated).

(((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby faith11:1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Yeah, i have already experienced it starting up again with the whole constipation thing, but luckily it is just really light pink and there is none on my pantyliner or in the toilet sorry if tmi..
We had some people who came over yesterday and brought us food and they wanted to pray for us so that was great! I have a really good friend who is filling people in at church, they just call her instead of me because they must know that she knows!
Going to a women's conference this weekend, but it is local and i want to glorify the Lord for what he is doing! That really puts a damper on the enemy! B) I felt that warranted a banana dance!
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:53 pm

The conference sounds awesome! I'm sure you will be lifted up and refreshed! I am still praying for you.
Nicole
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:00 am

Hey count me in. Always up for a good banana dance.

B)
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby bensgal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:54 am

HI FAITH, MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND TOO AN PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR LITTLE ONE.
I TOO AM GOING THROUGH A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WENT FOR U/S TUES SHOULD BE 8/9 WEEKS FOUND BABY TO BE 8W/2D NO HB WAS DETECTED SENT FOR ANOTHER SCAN HALF HR LATER AND SAME RESULT... WORDS WERE IM SORRY BUT YOU HAVE M/C.. WENT TO HOSPITAL WHERE I OPTED FOR D/C FOR FOLLOWING DAY BUT!!! AFTER LOOKING AND RESEARCHING I BELIEVED I HAD MADE THE WRONG DECISION. HOSPITAL NOT HAPPY WITH ME BUT I STAMPED MY FEET FOR U/S NEXT WEDS BLOODS TAKEN YESTERDAY... STILL AS OF YET NO CRAMPING OR BLEEDING PRAYING THAT THIS MAYBE A MISDIAGNOSED MISCARRIAGE!!!! ARE ALL BABY'S H/B FOUND BY 8/9 WEEKS DOES ANYONE KNOW? AM I HOLDING OUT TOO MUCH HOPE?.. MIDWIVES HAVE ALL TOLD ME TO HANG ON TO HOPE AND SHOULD NOT HAVE D/C UNLESS COMPLETELY SURE.... ITS SUCH A WAITING GAME AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED AND ARE EXPERIENCING THIS
BY THE WAY THIS IS 5TH PREGNANCY 3 HEALTHY BOYS 1 GIRL DIED JUST UNDER A YEAR SO I CANT BE GREEDY AND I KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH THE CHILDREN I HAVE BUT ITS HEARTBREAKING THINKING YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE!!

MY LOVE TO YOU ALL X
bensgal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:34 am

Hello Bensgal.

I've been told that if you see the baby without a heartbeat in the first trimester, you should wait one week for a follow-up ultrasound to verify. We have had some go on to find those heartbeats here. I truly hope you end up being one of them.

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter. (((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby faith11:1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Hey Bensgal

The midwife that I have has delivered 4000 babies and has only had seven with complications, so she is pretty knowledgeable. She said that you really cant hear the heartbeat properly until you are about 14 weeks. She said that you can hear the heartbeat earlier, but usually you have to have a special kind of ultrasound machine and the hospital i went to doesn't have one.

Whatever you do, Don't lose hope! Always remember that the Lord is good in everything! I had bleeding and I still have hope. It was better that you denied the D&C especially if you do not know for sure that you miscarried. Better to make for sure than to walk out the door with the doctor saying "oops". They are trying to do their best, but in the world today, so many people have lost hope. We have to hold on to hope and know that if God raised people from the dead, if he healed the sick and in the Bible it says that he is the same yesterday, today and forever... then we need to remember that the miraculous is still possible. Do not let the enemy strike fear into you and open the door for that fear to come in. Stand firm in the promises of life that you saw when you saw that plus sign... Let the enemy know that this is your child, not his and that he is covered by the Lord!!!

Remember, "Faith is the substance of things unseen, the evidence of things hoped for!" Hebrews 11:1

(((hugs))) E>
Last edited by faith11:1 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bensgal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, unfortunalty its not hearing the heartbeat, the bubs actual heartbeat was not seen flickering on external ultrasound!!!But i am still hanging on to hope and believing in myself and my bub. Keeping my fingers toes and everything else crossed for you and your bub faith x

Love to you all x
bensgal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby faith11:1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 pm

I haven't had an ultrasound at all... like i said, it is the unseen that we trust in, not the seen. And yes, so many people on this site have never seen a heartbeat and they go on to have perfect little ones! Just trust in what the Lord is telling you and stand firm. I am with you!!

One of the names of the father is Jehovah Jireh... The Lord provides
remember that and just speak life and health over you and your baby which i also do for you! Life and Life more abundant
! :)8
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby faith11:1 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Feeling Great! :)O Today i was a little nauseous which is good, and also i thought my belly has popped out a little. Someone from the women's conference told me that i had a lot of life in my eyes today! AWESOME! The Lord IS doing a work in me! B)
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories