Find a misdiagnosed story fast!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Just found out today I was MISDIAGNOSED!!!!!!!

Postby kolbycheese » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi,

I think I am posting this in the wrong area. Can't figure out how to start a new post. Sorry! :)

Anywhooooooooooo. Last week I went for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks. The doctor said he could only see a gestational sac and nothing else. He said it didn't look good, but he would draw some blood and check my HCG numbers and call me the next day.

When he called he said my numbers were 14,000 which confirmed his diagnosis of a blighted ovum. He said he DEFINITELY should have seen something with those numbers. I asked him if there was ANY chance that he was wrong or that maybe the baby was hiding. He said, "no way. seriously." He asked if I wanted a D&C and I said no I wanted it to happen naturally and he said to call him if I started to bleed profusely or was in a lot of pain. He didn't want to do any follow-up at all.

Well, thank goodness I came upon this website while I was googling 14,000 HCG and empty sac. It gave me the idea to get a 2nd opinion with a different doctor. I was praying that I would have a story to share and inspire other girls as well.

So, I went in Monday for another blood draw with a new doctor (but one I have seen in the past). My numbers went up to 20,000 but I knew that numbers could still go up even with a BO.

Well, I had my ultrasound with the new doctor this morning and within a second showed me the baby with a strong heartbeat. E> I was in shock as you can imagine. Remember, I was given ZERO hope.

She said my chances of a miscarriage now drop to 5% which is a heck of a lot better than 100% that my other doc gave me.

So, please..............

Always seek a 2nd opinion. Even if it is to confirm what the first doctor said.

Good luck and GOD BLESS!!!!

Kelli
kolbycheese
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Nicole's story

Postby mnfarrs » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 pm

We found out we were pregnant with our seventh child in October. We were using a diaphragm and were taken by surprise. I get hyperemesis but this time it hit even before I missed my period...hard! I waited until 7 weeks and then saw my midwife. She did the ultrasound and we immediately saw 2 empty sacks and she said sorry but they are blighted ovums and I'll have to get a Dnc or miscarry naturally. She said I should come back in for a check in a week "just to make sure", but that I had a less than 5 percent chance of seeing any thing. I said you mean I was having twins but they just disappeared at some point? She explained what a blighted ovum was and said yes. We left there feeling empty and in shock. I certainly felt pregnant. :*( I went home and searched out everything on the web about it and discovered this web site. I got hopeful but then decided I was just kidding myself. It was a hellish week waiting but today we went in and got an ultrasound and right away there was a sack with a baby inside with its little heart bumping away. E> we tried to explain about tilted uteruses and hiding babies and she just said she guessed it needed time to develop and we just smiled. After getting home we looked at the ultrasound pictures and there is something in the other sack we think so we'll just have to wait and see! 8)O
mnfarrs
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Find a misdiagnosed story fast!

Postby kolbycheese » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm

That is awesome news! I am now 20 weeks with a healthy baby girl! Good luck and congrats again!!!!!
kolbycheese
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories