Chels08's Story - Baby Found at 9 Weeks!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Chels08's Story - Baby Found at 9 Weeks!

Postby Chels08 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 pm

Just left my 9 week appointment with a healthy baby and heartbeat! The past few weeks have been absolutely awful and I'd like to share my story in the hope that it would bring comfort to those who have a long wait between ultrasounds.

I was seeing an RE because of my thyroid. Our second IUI was successful and we got a positive at 9dpo! My beta at 14dpo was 510. It didn't double a week later but was at 1,075. My first u/s was at 5.5 weeks and we saw two empty sacs. Doctor said it was to early to see anything and scheduled us another u/s.

I had my beta ran again two days before the next u/s at 6.3 days and it was 53k.

Went back at 6.5 weeks and saw one sac had fallen flat and the other was large and empty looking. I immediately started crying as I know people see the heartbeats at that stage. We were ushered into the dr's office and he stated we would miscarry soon. He said to stop taking my prednisone (for my thyroid antibiodies) and that would jump start the process. My husband and I went home completely crushed as this was our first pregnancy and we'd been trying for two years. The dr said that a d&c was possible if it didnt start that week. We made another apt to have blood work done. It was called a miscarriage panel and about 15 tubes of blood were taken to see if anything else was wrong with me. The doctor was so sure that I'd miscarry.

The nurse called back the next day saying your beta is now 89k! And that the dr would like me to come in one more time the following week.

We were dreading this appointment. We did not want to relive that last u/s.... but as soon as the nurse started we saw the large empty sac still empty BUT to all our surprise the sac that had fallen flat was now occupied buy a healthy 9 week old baby with a strong heartbeat!

Those two weeks were extremely painful and I read stories on this website all day and night trying to remain hopeful. We prayed like no ones business during those two weeks too because we knew we needed a miracle. God is so good! Do not give up hope with early ultrasounds and high hcg levels sometime baby needs time to grow. :)

Our doctor remained negative even with this baby and asked us if we were happy with this outcome (missing one twin). He also stated we were the second couple to have a lost a twin that day. As aggravated as we were with him we were just in our our happy cloud. We thankfully were released from their care today to go see an OB! :))
Chels08
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Chels08's Story - Baby Found at 9 Weeks!

Postby Kay » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Oh my goodness! I am so happy for you! I remember the feelings that I had when we finally saw our baby. There is nothing like that! Thank you so much for sharing your story and I am so glad you do not have to see that doctor again. Please, keep us updated!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Chels08's Story - Baby Found at 9 Weeks!

Postby Liza42 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Congratulations! What a beautiful story so far, I hope I have good news too as I'm in a similar situation. An ultrasound yesterday (7 weeks 6 days) found no embryo or heartbeat. They took blood to check HCG and have to repeat on Monday. I won't know till Tuesday if this pregnancy is failing or not and the agony is unbearable. Thank you for sharing your experience, it's so helpful and inspiring. Good luck.
Liza42
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories