Miscarriage or just really slow growth?

Miscarriage or just really slow growth?

Postby kth117 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi. So glad to have found this site. Here's my story.

Facts:
First Pregnancy, 38 years old
LMP: 11/8/2016 cycles 28 days, regular
Positive Home Pregnancy Test: 12/5/16
Doctor Confirmed Pregnancy Test: 12/7/16

12/13/16 - had some pain and spotting, went in to see midwife. Did exam and transvaginal ultrasound which revealed just a gestational sac. Exam revealed possible old implantation blood or just old blood. Did blood work which came back the next day - HcG 4,000 and Progesterone was 30. Suggested I come back for follow up ultrasound to make sure things progressing.

12/18/18 - follow up Beta - HcG 14,000

12/22/16 - follow up Ultrasound - measuring 5 weeks, 6 days. Gestationl sac, yolk sac and fetal pole present, but no heartbeat. The tech suggested I come back the following week for follow up. She said some people see a heartbeat and some don't and she said that I should make a an appointment with the midwife to get my options if there was no heartbeat at the ultrasound. this upset me. I was no longer having any pain or spotting, so I opted to wait until my 9 week appointment to follow up which brings me to yesterday.

1/11/17
Ultrasound (transvaginal) showed embryo size/growth only at 6 weeks and 6 days with no heartbeat. I was devastated. My midwife was willing to wait a week to repeat the ultrasound but was pretty definitive in her diagnosis. She did bloodwork (which I just got back) HcG 73,000 and progesterone 15. She said for better or worse these numbers aren't definitive and we have to wait until next week to see the US. So I'm scheduled for follow up next Wednesday.

I've been through a roller coaster of emotions. I guess my question is for anyone out there - have you ever seen/heard of pregnancy continuing with such a disparity of dating and growth? I don't think the dating is off bc my periods/ovulation are so regular. I don't feel like this baby is gone. I'm having hope but also preparing. Ultimately I trust my body and the universe to do the right thing. But why are levels still high?!Could this be a small, slow growing baby? I still have all sx (tender breasts, nausea, fatigue). Does it mean anything that progesterone was 30 a month ago but 15 now? 15 can still be appropriate but is it comparatively?

Any thoughts or help are appreciated. This site is just wonderful.
kth117
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Miscarriage or just really slow growth?

Postby Hopefulmom21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 pm

I am so sorry no one has responded..how did everything turn out?
Hopefulmom21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - All Other Issues