Prayers needed!

Prayers needed!

Postby sjmikals » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Yesterday (17 Jan 2018), went in for what I thought was my initial prenatal appointment (nurse had said it would be ckmprehensive, include PAP smear, take 1.5 hours, etc.). Based on LMP datinf should have been 8w3d. The 2nd year resident told me “oh this is just a quick ultrasound appointment, in and out” when I asked about the PAP smear. The resident performed the transvaginal ultrasound then called in the attending because she could not find the heart beat. Baby measured 1.19cm (7w2d), which makes more sense considering my cycle lengths and how we didn’t have sex at all for when ovulation *should* have occured had I had normal 28 day cycles (I was shocked when I found out I was pregnant). So, it makes more sense that I ovulated later, conceived later and baby really is 7w2d.

However, they dis not see the heartbeat. But, the resident was moving the probe around a lot. The screen was turned in such a way that I couldn’t see it AND having that probe against my cervix was uncomfortable at times making it hard for me to turn my upper body to try to see. I do not think she kept the probe in one spot for 30 seconds. Could they have just missed the heartbeat???

I’ve been experiencing nausea, fatigue, growing breasts, sore nipples, bloating, gas, regular bowel movements EVERY morning like clockwork (which is unusual for me). ABSOLUTELY no bleeding, cramping WHATSOEVER.

We have another ultrasound scheduled for 8w1d (based on new dating). Please pray that if it is God’s will that my baby is alive, normal, healthy and has a beating heart!!

I had my serum HCG drawn on 17 Jan 2018 at 5pm, result was 15,458 (which js within 7 week range!)
I have another serum HCG to be drawn on 19 Jan 2018 at 5pm. I hope the doubling time is appropriate for a 7wks!

LMP: 19 Nov 2017
Cycle lengths: 29-35 days (had 3 natural cycles after stopping birth control pills mid-August)
Positive ClearBlue home pregnancy test: 17 Dec 2017
Blood HCG on 18 Dec 2017: 104 (which is pretty low... like did I happen to pee on a stick the first possible detectable day?)
Did not have sex: 27 Nov - 5 Dec 2017

I’ve also read online now that a lot of OBs/midwives don’t schedule an initial prenatal appointment until 10-12 weeks. Now, I so regret not having read that sooner. If at 10-12 weeks the baby measured 7w2d without a heartbeat, I would just KNOW I had a missed miscarriage. Instead of all this emotional pain, doubt, disappointment, worry. All this pain could have just happened when it was for sure a miscarriage, instead of now for this possibility.
sjmikals
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Prayers needed!

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Sometimes those babies are just still too small to see the heartbeat. I do hope you've gotten better news. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - All Other Issues