Misscarriage Scare

Misscarriage Scare

Postby Al327804 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello! My LMP was September 9th. According to this I should have been 9 weeks 3 days at my first ultrasound on November 15th. My +HPT was on October 10th. At this ultrasound they found a gestational sac measuring 22.2mm and a fetal pole measuring 3.9mm with no heartbeat. My Dr came in and told me I may be having a misscarriage but she couldn't say 100% because of how small the fetal pole was. She said I may have ovulated late and truly may only be 6 weeks. She said to come back on November 27th for another ultrasound. I was told if I started bleeding before then to come back in.

On November 20th I noticed some pink discharge while wiping after straining to have a BM. This happened a couple times. I called the office and they had me come in the next day for another ultrasound. This time the ultrasound tech didn't spend much time and told me I was still measuring 6 weeks. She mentioned that my gestational sac looked "irregular" and said "since I'm a tech I can't say much but it doesn't look good." I met with a Dr who told me he still had hope this was a viable pregnancy and ordered quantitative HCG levels. He said anything under 2000 would be concerning and anything over 20000 would be concerning. I called the next day to get my results. My level was 17727 and the nurse told me that the Dr wasn't there but that level "doesn't match up" with "where they need me." I explained to her what the doctor told me and she said she would make a note and have someone call me on Friday.

No one had called me yet so I called the office and left a message. They called me back around 9:30 telling me that the doctor said he didn't want to take any more blood work and that they would just follow up with my ultrasound on Monday. I still sometimes have pinkish discharge. No cramping. I am scared and confused. I don't know how to feel and I am getting conflicting info from the staff vs the doctors. Could this pregnancy still be viable? I will be getting a second opinion depending on what I learn at my ultrasound on Monday.
Al327804
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Misscarriage Scare

Postby Kay » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:10 pm

I am so sorry you have been through so much with this pregnancy. Hopefully your doctor now has a better idea of what is happening. (((hugs))) to you.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Al327804 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 am

Thank you. Unfortunately there was no heartbeat at my ultrasound on the 27th and I have been bleeding since that day with cramping on and off. I am feeling at peace knowing that I have so many people who are willing to talk with me about their experiences and listen to me talk about mine. I am devastated but I know that it is out of my control. I have been trying to stay busy and not let my mind wander.
Al327804
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 pm

(((hugs))) I am so very sorry. You are indeed blessed to have people in your life who will listen. I really think that helps in healing. Praying for you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - All Other Issues