Retroverted Uterus

Retroverted Uterus

Postby Minilynn » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:29 am

Hi,
This is my first pregnancy so I'm pretty new to all of this. Yesterday morning I had some extremely light bleeding after I used the bathroom so I decided to go and get checked by the hospital. I was sent for an ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound came back as measuring 5w2d with no fetal pole, while i am supposed to be 11 weeks today. They are sending me for another round of blood work to see if my HCG levels have doubled. A week before this I was checked by my regular doctor, my blood work came back that everything looked great. I have a retroverted uterus and always have, and I have read that because of that the fetus can be harder to measure and harder to actually see. Has anyone else had anything like this happen or could the ultrasound have been right?
Minilynn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Retroverted Uterus

Postby Peekay » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:25 am

Hi Minilynn,

I'm so sorry you never got a reply. I just joined this afternoon and I myself am eagerly awaiting a response. I am super curious how everything turned out?

I too have a tilted uterus and from what I have read on this website, a tilted uterus can have an effect on early ultrasounds. With my first born, I never had a dating u/s- the only u/s I had was at 4/5 months to determine the gender. With this pregnancy, the new protocol is to have a dating u/s around 10 weeks. According to my LMP I should be going on 10 weeks this upcoming week, however, my cycles have been off and I know I was ovulating late. I expected to go into my dating u/s and be told that I wasn't as far along as expected. However, to my horror I was told that this was not a viable pregnancy as my u/s was showing a 5.5 week sac. My HCG levels rose by 9% but did not double. I have been given the option to take a pill to force a miscarriage or to go in for a D&C.

I am opting to do at least one or two more u/s over the next 2 weeks- if possible. I'd much rather naturally miscarry if that's what is meant to be. However, I can't make the decision to end this pregnancy without knowing for sure whether it truly is viable or not. What an awful way to put it!

Thinking of you!
Peekay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - All Other Issues