Possible Missed Miscarriage. Measuring 2 weeks behind. No hearveat

Possible Missed Miscarriage. Measuring 2 weeks behind. No hearveat

Postby Penneflower » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi all. I am 34 and this is my second pregnancy. My LMP was 11/23 and I got a positive pregnancy test on 12/19. I believe I ovulated on 12/9 because I was using opk. I went for my first ultrasound on 1/20 when according to LMP I should have been 8 + 2 but I believe I was more like 7 + 5.

So the tech tried to do abdominal and said my uterus was tipped and then switched to transvaginal. She was unable to find a heartbeat and the doctor said I was measuring more in the 6 week range. I wasn't given any official measurements but I know I clearly saw the yolk sac and fetal pole. I wasn't given a picture either.

The doctor wasn't overly concerned about the dates being off but he was concerned that the heartbeat couldn't be found and he said 80% of healthy pregnancies by that measurement have a heartbeat. I am going back for a repeat scan this week on 1/25 but he basically said not to get my hopes up and it's probably a miscarriage. I've had no bleeding or cramping. Should I have any hope at all? Does the tilted uterus make it hard to see the heartbeat of the baby can be visualized ?

I appreciate your time and any input. Thank you.
Penneflower
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Possible Missed Miscarriage. Measuring 2 weeks behind. No hearveat

Postby Happyhippy1216 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:40 pm

I am pregnant with my 4th child, according to LMP I am 12 weeks 3 days. My cycles were messed up due to a miscarriage in august so the date could be off by a little. So yesterday we went to a free clinic for an ultrasound since we are planning a home birth and having prenatal care done by a midwife. I was shocked when they told me they found no heartbeat. They also said the baby is measuring only 8 weeks. I have had horrible nausea and breast tenderness up until a few days ago when it finally let up a little bit. These are good signs of a healthy pregnancy. The pregnancy test they had me take at the clinic was a strong positive yesterday as well. They told me that I need to go to the Dr asap as I am almost surely having a miscarriage. I have had some minor cramps the last couple of days on and off but I assumed they were from my uterus growing. I was shocked and devastated at what they told me yesterday. They did both a regular ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound, both showed no heartbeat. I have read so many miracle stories this morning that I am trying to have faith. I was sure this baby was going to make it. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but I can relate. I'm not going to the Dr as of now, I'm just going to pray and hope for the best.
Happyhippy1216
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Possible Missed Miscarriage. Measuring 2 weeks behind. No hearveat

Postby Penneflower » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:47 pm

I hope all works out for you. Unfortunately to update on my situation...it was a missed miscarriage. The baby showed no change on my follow up scan. I did have a d&c the next day. I will pray that your situation is different than mine.
Penneflower
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - All Other Issues