Fluctuating HCG levels and bleeding. 4weeks pregnant

Fluctuating HCG levels and bleeding. 4weeks pregnant

Postby angelamariav89 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 pm

I came across this forum and decided to share my story in hope to get feedback from anyone in a similar situation... Hoping to ease my mind some. I am currently 4weeks pregnant if I have my dates correct. I have been bleeding ever since I learned I was pregnant almost a very light period. I got my BFP and got in to my obgyn. They checked my HCG level which initially was a 35... So they confirmed pregnancy. They said they wanted to check every few days because I was bleeding. A couple days later I started passing some very small clots ranging from pinky nail size to quarter size... So I was instructed to go to the emergency department. When I arrived the ER Dr was extremely ignorant and told me it was like I was having a miscarriage and she couldn't do anything about it. She was very rude and extremely cold to the situation. She didn't do a pelvic exam... No labs... No vitals no nothing. I was sent home and told to await my miscarriage. I left more stressed than I was when I went in needless to say. I decided to get a second opinion and went to another hospital ER. They performed a pelvic exam which showed my cervix was closed.. And they checked my number again which I learned over one day my numbers had trippled to 89!i was sent home and put on bed rest... Two days later I followed up with my obgyn and had my levels rechecked and they were 52... I was again told my pregnancy was not viable and that they didn't want to see me again for a week and they would recheck levels then. They have given up hope on my baby.. I was not satisfied with this so again... I got a second opinion. Levels were checked the very next day (which was yesterday )and they went back up to a 69! They also did a pelvic exam and it showed my cervix is still closed... And they did a U/s said they couldn't see a fetal pole or a sac but that it was more than likely way too early to know anything for sure. They did tell me that I have a hemmoraging ovarian cyst though! Hoping that's the cause of the bleeding.. They sent me home on pelvic rest, lots of fluids and I am following up tomorrow for another HCG level check.

My husband and I have been trying for over a year to conceive... I underwent a HSG last month only to get a BFP a few weeks later... If anyone is going through anything similar I would love to hear your story or any feedback. Trying to stay as calm as possible but it's very hard. I will update again tomorrow with my levels.m praying they go up again!
angelamariav89
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Fluctuating HCG levels and bleeding. 4weeks pregnant

Postby Kay » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm

I don't know what is happening but stay closely monitored. They need to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. We have seen numbers slow or decrease temporarily and then go up but until an ectopic is ruled out, it's better to keep getting checked. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Fluctuating HCG levels and bleeding. 4weeks pregnant

Postby angelamariav89 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:33 am

Thank you Kay for your kind words. They are keeping a very close eye on me. As of Friday my levels were rechecked and have not gone down... But they stayed the same over 48hrs...dr didn't seem too alarmed.. Told me to relax over the weekend and is rechecking my levels again on Monday.

Praying my little baby is okay and hangs in there with me. Will update again when I know something
angelamariav89
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Bleeding and Spotting