Low and slow rising HCG level

Low and slow rising HCG level

Postby Hc1234 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:02 pm

I ovulated on 50mg of Clomid around March 30th (positive opk on 3/29 and ultrasound that week showing 1 mature follicle on my left side). Positive at home pregnancy test on April 9 (very light). Went to my primary doctor on April 14 (Friday afternoon) to get a referral to my OB and they do a urine test. Get a call on April 17 (Monday) that my urine test came back negative so they want me to come back for a qualitative blood test. Go back that afternoon 4/17 and have blood drawn. Comes back positive (called my Thursday 4/20).

This is pregnancy number 4 for me. My first was deemed ectopic 5 years ago based off of virtually plateaued hcg levels and pain on my left side. I have two beautiful kids that were textbook doubling hcgs.

My ob and I agreed that when I got pregnant he was less concerned about monitoring me for this pregnancy since I have had two successful pregnancies but said if I was questioning anything at all they would ultrasound and monitor my levels.

On Tuesday, 4/18, I still had not received word if my results were positive or negative with my primary doctor. It concerned me that my levels were still low enough to pull a negative urine test even though it had been 5 days since my first at home test. So I went to the er because of my history. I was just having minor cramping. Urine again came back negative but hcg registered at 101.2. (Doctor couldn't explain the negative test). Nothing was seen on ultrasound. Told to follow up with my OB on Thursday (4/20).

Thursday (40 hours later) my hcg was 118. Again nothing seen on ultrasound in my uterus or tubes.

I am going back on Monday (4/24) for repeat labs but was told most likely it's ectopic again or a failed pregnancy. I still am not bleeding or having anything besides minor cramping so if I had not got in I would have no clue anything was wrong.

Praying that my levels will somehow greatly increase tomorrow. I don't want to have to go through methotrexate again.
Hc1234
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Low and slow rising HCG level

Postby Hc1234 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Labs today 92 hours after last test was 266.

Went from a doubling time of 170 hours to 78 hours. I'm happy with that increase though it is still not increasing like they want. Go back in two days for more labs and to see my doctor again.
Hc1234
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Low and slow rising HCG level

Postby tiffkat » Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 pm

How have your follow ups gone? How are you doing? Did that little bean stick?
tiffkat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues