HCG levels not rising enough

HCG levels not rising enough

Postby Sunkissed7 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi,

Hoping to get some insight/support ...

I'm 34, DH 35. All tests have come back clear for both of us - no apparent issues on either side. I had slightly elevated thyroid but have since been put on medication and it's now managed. Never had a BFP.

This was our 4th IUI round (tried naturally for almost 1.5 years, this is 4.5 months with the fertility clinic) - blended cycle femara/injectables. 3 follicles (2 on one side, 1 on the other).
Not sure if any of that matters but that's my background.

4/13 13dpiui BFP on at home test.
4/14 14dpiui beta #1 = 144
4/18 18dpiui beta #2 = 190

Only symptoms I've had are some cramping/pulling feelings, definitely super bloated but no bleeding at all. I spoke to a nurse from the doctor's office and she definitely wasn't very optimistic, said it's likely an unviable pregnancy, possibly ectopic but to take another beta in 2 days' time. Though she said my progesterone level was good, though didn't provide the number and I was too stunned to even ask. I'm devastated thinking this may be a miscarriage of some form or another, trying to prepare myself for the road ahead of me here and trying not to get my hopes but, but of course like everyone, still have a bit of hope sitting in the back of my mind that this could still happen ....
:(
Thanks,
Courtney
Last edited by Sunkissed7 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunkissed7
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: HCG levels not rising enough

Postby Hopefulmom21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 am

What has your doctor said
Hopefulmom21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: HCG levels not rising enough

Postby Sunkissed7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am

I haven't talked to my doctor - just told to retake beta in 2 days' time (tomorrow now). The nurse who called to tell me the results from yesterday's beta wasn't optimistic and thinks it's an unviable pregnancy (possibly ectopic), but "has seen things turn around."

I can't stop crying about it. We've been trying so long and done 4 IUI cycles, I was so happy thinking I was finally past all that and didn't have to do injections anymore or consider IVF, that my life didn't have to feel so on hold anymore. And now I'm so scared it's ectopic (what if I need surgery? What if I lose my tube?) and it could be months before we can try again. I don't even know how to focus on work or anything else today with all this going through my head :(
Sunkissed7
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues