Dropping HCG levels but Dr refuses to do ultrasound??

Dropping HCG levels but Dr refuses to do ultrasound??

Postby 1ConfusedMommy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Hello everyone. My pregnancy was confirmed on 2/12 by hpt. Went to doctor on 2/28 and urinalysis test came negative. Doctors ordered beta that was done on 2/28 that was 40, on 3/2 the beta was 39. Doctor repeated it on 3/9 and it was only 27. I should be about 8 weeks, so i dont understand why they wouldn't do an ultrasoumd
They say I will misscarry and there woild be nothing to see. This is heart breaking because I have already lost one in this manner, and have been trying for 5 years to get pregnant again. Does anyone have a situation like me that came out in a viable pregnancy, or anything similar to the levels. I refuse to believe this is happening because I feel fine, physically, but mentally is a roller-coaster. ThankS in advance.
1ConfusedMommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Dropping HCG levels but Dr refuses to do ultrasound??

Postby Natalie219 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. The doctors follow the general guideline that nothing is visible before a hcg of 2,000. Hopefully the doctor continues doing beta testing and if your level rises instead of falling then you could request an ultrasound. Unfortunately consistently falling levels is almost always a loss. So sorry and hugs to you!
Natalie219
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Nolating504 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:18 pm

I am going thru this right now I was refused an ultrasound so I said I was cramping and went to the ER. Idk if you have insurance or not but they will def give you one. Its extreme but I dont think its fair for doctors to refuse an ultrasound doctors misdiagnose miscarriages all the time
Nolating504
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Peekay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Nolating504,

I think it's awful your doctor refuses an ultrasound!! Are you going to consider switching offices? To me, that is totally immoral. I'm glad you got around that by going to the ER but you should not have had to do that!

Thinking of you!
Peekay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues