Decreasing HCG, doctor thinks I will miscarry | UPDATED Blighted Ovum

Decreasing HCG, doctor thinks I will miscarry | UPDATED Blighted Ovum

Postby lilC » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I found this resource after searching for symptoms and miscarriages.

This is my second pregnancy. My LMP is Dec 21, 2016 and had my appointment last Tuesday with a new OB-GYN. He performed a transvaginal ultrasound and was not able to find the baby, but there was a sac. Honestly, I felt like he was going really fast. He said that the sac is right there in the right corner, but before I can see it, he stopped the ultrasound.

I was then "pre-conditioned" that it might result to a miscarriage. He ordered HCG quant, and it came back 70,000 that day (8w6d). Then ordered another one yesterday, but it only came back as 58,000. I talked to him on the phone today, and he mentioned I might miscarry again. I asked him if HCG is supposed to plateau and drop at some point. He said that yes, it does, but it usually is around 16 weeks or further.

I told him I wanted to hold my appointment for March 10 for another ultrasound, and he agreed. He said we can wait it out and do not need to rush. Although I can sense that he is so sure that it is a blighted ovum. I do want to see for myself again before I do anything.

Anyway, I was not diagnosed with any tilted uterus. They did not do an ultrasound with my first born until the 12th week, and they were able to find his heartbeat with the doppler on his 9th week. There is also an unlikely chance I miscalculated my LMP because I keep track of my period, ovulation, basal temps, and BDs. We attempted on Jan 1st, and got a positive on ovulation test that day. And according to my charts, I could have conceived on the 3rd. I found out I was pregnant on Jan 13th.

Thanks in advance.
lilC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Decreasing HCG, doctor thinks I will miscarry | UPDATED Blighted Ovum

Postby lilC » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Had an ultrasound on one of those mall ultrasound places. They did not see any fetus either. I was supposed to be 9 weeks when they did that, and only found a gestational sac of 3.19cm.

Today, we went to my OB-GYN for another ultrasound and to discuss the options. The sac now has an irregular shaped. There looks like to be a yolk sac but did not form. We are scheduling a D&C because I do not know how long my body will recognize it, and want to be over with.
lilC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Decreasing HCG, doctor thinks I will miscarry | UPDATED Blighted Ovum

Postby Hopefulmom21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 am

Wishing the Best for you
Hopefulmom21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - HCG Related Issues